• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Spicy Chicken Quad-a-Dillas

Well, last was snack for earlier Nascar watching, now I need snackz for watching movies tonight.

Here's a take on Quesadillas. :-)

Ingredients:

• onion
  • habanero chile
  • anahim chile
  • my spicy curry chicken, pulled/shredded.
  • flour torts
  • hot chile powder
  • cumin powder
  • S&P
  • refried beans (optional)
  • Cheddar & Mozzerella cheese, grated.
  • Buffalo Chipotle hotsauce

S6303029.JPG

Diced up the onion, habs, and anaheim chiles.
Added some of my spicy shredded curry chicken.

Cooked up in skillet with a dash of EVOO until onions were translucent.

Then, I took some flour torts that had been spread thickly with Buffalo Chipotle sauce and thinly with refried beans, and added equal amounts of the chicken/chiles/onion mixture to each half of 'em

Divided the shredded cheddar/mozz cheese that had also been sprinkled with chile powder and cumin and put that on too.

S&P'd it a bit.

Folded them over, and put 'em in da skillet that had ben wiped out and re-oiled...this time with real butter.

Also swiped the up-side of the tort with the butter stick as it's saves time when ya go to flip em. Use a large spatula!

S6303033.JPG

Ok, flipped 'em over... Mmmmmm, rich and crispy.
S6303037.JPG

All done now and sliced up for grubbin' time!

S6303041.JPG

I wanted to add one of Nova's Dorset Nagas..but I haven't been able to get the damn things out of the woozie....yet!

-QS

I take it the contents of the woozie (apart from the dorsets) have been consumed Quad? Damn that stuff would have been friggin hot.

I would think that the nagas in the bottle would have lost a lot of heat due to the alcamahol but should still have some.

Again your tucker looks great mate :)

Nah, it's intact.

I tried like a 1/4 tsp. of the booze when I got it....
smilie_sh_075.gif

THAT was a large miscalulation on my part...jeeebusss that's hot!

I did try a bit of the pepper, adn oh yeh, it's hot as frell still too. :twisted:

I think i'll havta pour/slosh/etc. it all into a wider mouthed jar...the Dorsets have kinda swollen up and don't wanna come out very well. Heheh.

QuadShotz said:
Cooked up in skillet with a dash of EVOO until onions were translucent.

Yum, I make a mean quesadilla myself, just missing tomato, scallion, and guacamole, IMO.

Maybe it's cause I'm pretty grilled myself right now but I was so confused at first about EVOO. I sat here thinking for a minute "what on earth is that?" then I was like oh yeah, extra virgin olive oil, doh. I don't know how I missed that at first.

Damn Quad you don't mess around when it comes to chow do you? Everything you have on hand goes into the mix. I bet you make a wicked Dagwood sammich.

Looks excellent Quad! One critique however...

GET THAT DAMN CAST IRON GRIDDLE SEASONED!!!!!! That sumbitch would be perfect for quesadilla makin man! All that nice even heat would put a nice crusty coating on those torts of yours, and add crispy to the quesadilla equation!

patrick said:
Damn Quad you don't mess around when it comes to chow do you? Everything you have on hand goes into the mix. I bet you make a wicked Dagwood sammich.

Yup. As a kid mom would marvel at the concoctions I'd make up.

She said she was like that as a girl too, so it's likely in da genes... :)

FiveStar said:
Looks excellent Quad! One critique however...GET THAT DAMN CAST IRON GRIDDLE SEASONED!!!!!! That sumbitch would be perfect for quesadilla makin man! All that nice even heat would put a nice crusty coating on those torts of yours, and add crispy to the quesadilla equation!

Agreed... BUT, the pan I used is designed with a rough texture that makes a nice crispy brown as well.

See the pattern on the tort?

S6303041.JPG

I have bad teeth anyways, so I can't eat stuff tooo crispy.

Oh, here's one I made the other day w/ juienned fried balogna, some o-hab, olives, mushrooms, onion, and lots of cheese.

S6303260.jpg

Back