• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Brazilian pepper identification

I have a friend in Brazil who is some-what of a chile-head and he tells me of a favorite pepper.

"I really like pimenta de bico ( I honestly don't know what they're called in enlgish, but they look like this http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...biquinho-doce-cambuci-habanero-de-brinde--_JM
They're not hot, but the flavour is amazing. I use them in everything."

They seem to also be called Pimenta Biquinho. Does anyone know what they are called in english or anything else about them? I might just try having some seeds sent to me.

Its possibly "BGH 4200 (PI 441634)" http://www.thechileman.org/results.php?chile=1&find=bgh+4200&heat=Any&origin=Any&genus=Any **Where did it go????

A new pepper, of marcante flavor, however without burning the mouth, for not having the characteristic ardor of this type of spice, has conquered fans in Mines eno Brazil. As the consumer is afoito to have the newness in house, vendas of the pepper biquinho grows of expressiva form to each day. The phenomenon already has consequence in the field, where producing agricultural they had discovered the pepper candy as a new option of investment for the properties The productivity for foot can vary of a thousand the 2 a thousand peppers. E the harvest strongest is of the summer, when they ripen more quickly. The lack of seeds of the pepper-biquinho in the formal market can be a complicador for the plantation. The samples alone can be bought of the proper producers. E is limited PROMOTION IT BUYS 10 ENVELOPES FOR R$ 40,00 WITH ENCLOSED SENDING It is this enchantment that motivates the appositive one in the market of the pepper-biquinho. The reaction of the people, allied to the some forms of exploitation of the spice, either in salty plates or candies, strengthen its potential. It gives to eat as a strawberry. It even has space for exportation, The pepper biquinho is of chinense the Capsicum species, very common in Brazil. Therefore, it if adapta well to any region of the Country. The best productivity is gotten in the periods hottest of the year. It is red, rounded off, with one biquinho, in the tip, what she justifies its name. As already ardida existed biquinho, the version candy, that does not present heat, can be the result of a crossing that generated a mutation. The culture of this pepper Brazilian candy is made in the same molds of the production of other types of the spice. Source Agropecuario Notebook BEEN PERIODICAL OF MINES

http://www.planetbuscas.com/comprar/index.php?pais=&item=Outros&id=1516

The pepper biquinho is of chinense the Capsicum species
I know bad trenslation but its all I could find

From what I read on another forum, the correct name is Chupetinha which means "small rubber nipple". I plan to grow several small rubber nipples next year.

More-Pods.jpg

Hi Potawie

Not very hot for a chinense, pretty seedy but quite nice smoked...but i try to remove most the seeds first.

A shortish plant, branches heavily and very productive...look gorgeous too, quite a dark green foliage, small leaves and you get quite a good display of different colors from this one. The pod shape is very unusual and quite waxy looking, pointy little candies with some moderate fire.

I consider it more of an ornamental than a plant for culinary uses. It does extremely well in pots even smallish 1.5 - 2 gallon pots are ok, I would prefer a 3-4 gallon. Could also make a nice sort of low border for a veggie patch.

Interesting plant.

All the best

Guy

Guy Holman said:
Hi Potawie

Not very hot for a chinense, pretty seedy but quite nice smoked...but i try to remove most the seeds first.

A shortish plant, branches heavily and very productive...look gorgeous too, quite a dark green foliage, small leaves and you get quite a good display of different colors from this one. The pod shape is very unusual and quite waxy looking, pointy little candies with some moderate fire.

I consider it more of an ornamental than a plant for culinary uses. It does extremely well in pots even smallish 1.5 - 2 gallon pots are ok, I would prefer a 3-4 gallon. Could also make a nice sort of low border for a veggie patch.
Interesting plant.
All the best
Guy

Mine are growing exactly that way. Very beautiful and productive but very seedy pods and no heat. My brazilian friend loves them, I'll have to see how he uses them.

Some aphid damage

POTAWIE said:
From what I read on another forum, the correct name is Chupetinha which means "small rubber nipple". I plan to grow several small rubber nipples next year.

Dude if those are brazilian nipples then I'm taking the next flight out of here...see ya

POTAWIE said:
Mine are growing exactly that way. Very beautiful and productive but very seedy pods and no heat. My brazilian friend loves them, I'll have to see how he uses them.

What a beautiful pepper! That's it's mildly obscene makes it even more fun.

Keep us updated on that one, ok?

Back