• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Stuffed peppers with chilliman's ghost pepper sauce.

So I wanted to pick a few marconi peppers to take some of the strain off the plants, decided to stuff em. Bought two red bells to go along with them because they're yum.

Two marconi, two hungarian wax, two red bells. Seeded out to make room for the filling.

the aforementioned filling. Nothing special, ground beef and ground pork in around a 3:1 ratio.

1 can of tomato paste, 1 quart and 1 pint of the tomato sauce I made last year from my 'maters. A few leaves of the basil I grew sliced up nice and thin. Garlic. Salt. Pepper. Some of the leftover ground meat I browned. Carmelized onions. A bit of nice fruity olive oil. Oh, and two big dessert spoonfuls of chilliman's ghost pepper sauce.

Continued below...

Continued...

Ready to cook.

Low heat, 45 minutes.

Chow time! My romano cheese shaker decided to troll me and unloaded a big blob of grated goodness on me. 'tis ok. I can handle it.

Tasty, hot (the GPS held up really well to being cooked~kept all kinds of heat and was as fruity as you want), easy to make and filling.

Oh, and why is it that dogs always want to play right after you've eaten a big bowl of supper and you just want to put on some loose shorts and chill out? I felt like a bloated warthog trying to get her toy away from her so I could toss it in the next room.

texas blues said:
That's beautiful Sky. Being an old bohunk it reminds me of stuffed cabbage.

Salute', TB.

My Mom makes the best stuffed cabbages evar. I'll post pics next time we make some.

damn dude that looks awesome. You hollowed out those peppers quite nicely!

Was there rice in the meat? I gotsta makes me some stuffed peppers soon!

FD

frydad4 said:
damn dude that looks awesome. You hollowed out those peppers quite nicely!

Was there rice in the meat? I gotsta makes me some stuffed peppers soon!

FD

yeah, some cooked rice in the meat. basically my Mom's stuffed cabbage filling.
As to hollowing out the peppers, I have a spoon I use. I ground down the handle of it so that it's almost sharp.

Nice thing about these, they're beyond filling. Hit you in the belly like you swallowed a bowling ball. Add in a tasty beer or a fatty afterwards (I had beer) and you're so mellow you almost melt. Good stuff.

How did you cook them Skydiver? On the stove in the sauce, or in the oven? For how long and at what temp? I have some Poblanos that would love to swim in that sauce.

Back