• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Tried a Trinidad Scorpion yesterday.

Got a ripe pod and deseeded it for the future. Cut a chunk out of it, maybe around 1/6 of the pepper, amd chewed it up snd swallowed it.

The pain was unreal, if you havent eaten anything like one of those it is impossible to convey the pain to you in words. I couldbt believe just a chunk could be that hot. It was like someone had stuck a white hot coal in my mouth. It was a different type of pain all together and it numbed my entire mouth after about 15 minutes, I guess a bodily defense mechanism. I take orange habs and just bite chunks out of them, this thing is onm a completely different level. Ridiculously hot still isnt a strong enough description.

I too have had the pleasure of eating a whole one. I agree the pain is surreal, but I noticed it's similar to a Habanero burn, not a Jolokia burn.

I'm guessing they are at least 1,500,000 SHU if not more.

i Hallucinated after testing the Big sucker earlier this Year.

though my tongue was going to Leave my Mouth During the Test, is the Hottest thing Ever Had

nope, the Trinidad Scorpion Is the Hottest thing Ever Tried on Cam.. How's That

naga Extract so Far Hottest, scorpion Extract will Beat That but i need Heaps of Pods..

Wait wait wait...I screwed up. I haven't had the Scorpin yet, I had the 7-Pod. Misread, sorry...continue about your business...

T. scorpions(BT) are the hottest I've tasted too. I definitely won't eat another one, actually even most sauces I've made from them are too hot for me but I'm a wuss:)

I've been popping little pieces of dried bhut in my mouth to dissolve on my tongue this morning while at the computer.

After reading this thread I decided to try a piece of dried scorpion neil sent me, which I have been avoiding up till now.

So I tried a piece a little smaller than the bhut pieces, and it was easily twice as hot - if not three times. Surprised me enough to momentarily take my breath away. And as others have commented, there were definite stomach issues not long after. No surprise there, these things are a mere step above poison.

Soaking 12 seeds now for an early start to next season :mouthonfire:

Good job Necrocannibal, I'm very nervous about trying the Scorp....

I had a 7 pot earlier this year and it's the only chilli that has actually made me throw up just a little bit...:lol:

I'm about 4 months from having a ripe pod so I have to wait. I did try a chunk from Neils stall at the sawtell chilli festival a few months ago but after spending the day eating hot stuff continualy i didn't really get the full effect of it, Plus I had just eaten a good half of a yellow 7 about 5 minutes before....:D

I also think the Scorpion is hotter than the Bhut Jolakia, 7 pot, PC1 and nagas, I have tried all of them this year. My Scorpion pods and hot sauce is by far the hottest....my 2 cents.........

Yep, Scorpion then 7 Pot then Bhut IMO. The worst is the stomach after effects of the Scorpion. They all are VERY hot, but have very different burns.

Well I just had some for the first time...... Very strong taste up front. Similar to a naga but stronger. At first I didn't think it was as hot as the naga's. As I ate more it kept building, then at about 5 minutes it was pretty bad. Mostly the tounge though...weird. It's sill giving me a good burn as I type. I liked the burn but am not a huge fan of the taste.

I would love to get hold of a Trini Scorpion someday, but I guess I'll have an easier time finding a Jolokia than one of these.

What would you describe the TASTE as? Sure, grotesquely hot is fun, but I'm wondering about the flavor.. :P

theHippySeedCo said:
i Hallucinated after testing the Big sucker earlier this Year.

though my tongue was going to Leave my Mouth During the Test, is the Hottest thing Ever Had

Hey Neil! This pepper I tried came from seeds from your plant you sent me. Thank you for that. :cool: Been wanting one of these plants for years. And once again that pepper was insanely hot. :onfire::onfire::onfire:

redeyeguy said:
I would love to get hold of a Trini Scorpion someday, but I guess I'll have an easier time finding a Jolokia than one of these.

What would you describe the TASTE as? Sure, grotesquely hot is fun, but I'm wondering about the flavor.. :P

It is kind of fruity but really just tastes like a pepper, nothing special on flavor really at all.

Back