• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Salmon Burgers with lemon drop and chopped bhurr gherkin mayo. I used a little powder from the tailing of a hot sauce and 1 fresh lemon drop right before serving......Oh and a tiny bit of lime juice,

The slaw is the recipe on Rothchild Farms website using their Roasted Pineapple Hab sauce. It really mild actually. Just add a couple tablespoons to your favorite creamy slaw (basically).

P1020297_zpstckwtkyq.jpg

P1020299_zpsnr7mr5zj.jpg

Nice combo! Lemon Drops are awesome with Salmon. Fatalii is pretty good too.

Oh man, and with all those red onions!!! Yum man.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
BBQ Burgs & Beans w/ Corn

Prep:
fry sausage and manzano rings, drain on paper towels 
add sausage to baked beans, and reserve fried manzano rings for burger toppings 

wash and prep lettuce, tomato, avocado
Make burger patties

Q01zieD.jpg

Cheesburgers w/ fried Manzano rings, fresh lettuce, tomato, and avocado
sauced w/ Texas Creek chipotle BBQ :dance:
served w/ buttered Corn that has juice of 1/4 lime and my BBQ seasoning dusted on top, and Baked Beans with added sausage 
:drooling: 

:cheers:

Fried Manzano Rings??????? GENIUS! Heading to the store at lunch to grab some Manzanos!!!!!

Budae Jjigae. and my usual side of short grain rice with Japanese rice seasoning. I cant get enough of the stuff with certain spicy foods.

And why is this one not Kimchi Jjigae? Well it also has a slab of fried tofu and some leftover grilled chicken thighs as well as the normal Kimchi Jjigae items. This version was made popular during the Korean war. You used whatever you could get for your protein source.. Korean blood sausage and Spam were common additions but im not fond of either.

P1020301_zps4yexew5o.jpg

Today is smoked chuck roast using hickory chunks and im still deciding what other wood. I may add in some cherry.

3lbs thick chuck roast
2 tbs Pickapeppa and dijon mustard for the base coating

Dry rub
6 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs cumin seeds
2 tbs black peppercorns
1 tbs Mexican Oregano
2 tbs paprika
1 tbs whole allspice berries
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs onion powder
2-3 tbs pepper flakes. I used some dried tailings from a semi mild Fresno Cowhorn sauce i made.
2 tsp sea salt ( you would probably prefer 3-4 because i reduce salt in recipes)
2 tsp black mustard seed
3" stick of cinnamon (optional)

Mix all the powders with the brown sugar.
Grind all your whole spices (preferably toasted first.
Mix in your ground whole spices.

Apply rub heavily over the Pickapeppa/dijon mustard base. Cover and let rest for 2 hours at room temp or overnight in the fridge..

Smoke for 2-3 hours and then wrap in foil. Cook until it falls apart....Sorry i cheated again with the foil but its a 2-3" roast

Yeah......You just gunna have to wait on pics this time too. I will post some teasers when im good and ready :D

I made chili last night with one 7 Pot Brown chili added, chili had plenty of heat and was great.  I topped it with a dab of sour cream and some sharp chedder cheese, I used one lb of lean ground beef and one lb of lean ground pork in the chili and a normal size can of lite red kidney beans, I dont like alot of beans in my chili.  I also added a 8 Trinidad Perfume peppers and a small can of diced green chili's.  

I love chili weather!   

California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizza.  Think this one is the "white" pizza.  Added an entire Jays Peach Ghost.  Going to wreck myself.

AAR(after action report):
Meh, slightly disappointing.  I think there was way to much dairy on this pizza.  The bites would be hot, but overall they mellowed out real quick.  First bite or two was hot then once I got settled in it was ok.  Got a slight residual burn going on, but thats about it.

Back