• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

NO MORE FREE LUNCH!!!

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
I finally figured out why I was not getting any ripe Anaheims and NuMex Sandias....RATS....saw one yesterday afternoon then looked closely at the plants...

they have been having a buffet....

092109c001.jpg

soooooooooo....I sez to myself....self...time to declare war....

three claymores set on their main runway...notice the tie down chains on the traps...thats how big these bastages are...

station 1

092109c004.jpg

station 2

092109c005.jpg

station 3

092109c006.jpg

Peanut butter works best as a bait. Been there done that.
Those bastards cleaned a whole crop of corn in two nights plus ate a large cauliflower head.

You might also set a few mouse traps around for the babies.

millworkman said:
Get em AJ. Happy hunting.

can't say I ain't tryin'.... ;)

Stormin said:
Peanut butter works best as a bait. Been there done that.
Those bastards cleaned a whole crop of corn in two nights plus ate a large cauliflower head.

You might also set a few mouse traps around for the babies.

good idea,....just so happened to have 4 brand new mouse traps...

Sickmont said:
Got any snakes or cats hanging around there?

Cats and I don't get along and there may be a few snakes...I have only seen two in my yard in 10 years...

AJ that small trap ain't gonna kill a rat those are mice traps. Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get thos large black plastic rat traps. I had rats like that last year that started in the garden and they moved in the attic. Had to set poison up in the attic to get rid of them. You need the bigger more powerful rat trap, I've seen rats a foot long here.

I may just go to a conibear if these don't work...

got that but the Fort Worth Policeman that lives about 4 houses down (that I have never met) may have something to say if I let loose with several rounds of "000" buckshot...I got a pellet gun and will use it if the bastage is still alive...I may ask him have I used 5 or 6 first though..

If you can put some powdered or finely crushed glass in the peanut butter, I hear it will eventually take out the ones that manage to get some of the PB without springin the trap.

Put the peanut butter on a small piece of bread and put it under the bait holder. They have to dig for it and cannot steal the bait.

Back