WOW, I am just too lazy

Hi guys

signed up to post ages ago and have only just got round to it now.

Anyhow, my name is Lee and I hail from Shropshire in the UK.
I grow a few chillies, make hot sauces and chutney for meself and a select few friends.
I am partial to a bowl of red :) and normally have a chili day at least once, twice or even three days a week:lol: .
I even 'Q' the american way with a weber bullet and in the summer survive on a diet of BBQ and Chili.

BBQ and CHILI, life is just too good sometimes.

Over and out,

Lee

Shropshire! Splendid. Anywhere near Albrighton? (though you might tell me that that's really wolverhampton)

I'm in Knowle, Solihull.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Shooty, I'm up north in a place called Kinnerley which is near Oswestry. Think I'm about seventy miles away from Solihull.

xgrafcorex, traditional BBQ in the uk, now that's a tricky one. There are probably experts out there somewhere with all the right answers, but here's my take on it;
Smoke (cold) has traditionally been used as part of a curing process in this country aside from a few mainly coastal areas which use hot smoke to cook fish, Kippers/smokies. Although (hot) smoked eel is available here and it's very good to eat. The eels live in fresh water and only venture into the salty sea to spawn. The traditional way to catch them is in baited wicker baskets placed in streams and such like. I don't know where they are smoked/cooked.
We did spit roasts outdoors here and if you were to visit the castles and manor houses from yesteryear you'd see in the kitchens a place to do spit roasts indoors :) now that's a cool idea, need to work on that one!
The weather can be crap in this country for long periods of time and I guess that is why people turned to use ovens as soon as they were available and use a grill to cook outdoors if the sun popped out and at this present time I'd say that 99% of the people in the UK cook on a grill without smoke.

How does that sound to you Shooty, can you add anything or put me right on anything I've said?

over and out,

Lee

Sounds about right to me.

I'm in a pickle at the moment: most of my baby plants (apart from the one strongest and one weakest growers of each variety) are outside at the moment in on of those temporary plastic greenhouse things. I think the cold might be starting to get to them. And it's VERY windy here at the moment. I might bring them all inside this weekend, subject to Mrs Shooty*'s approval.

My indoor Ancho, Anaheim and Hidalgo have shot up. The out door ones less so.

I tend to fit into forums that go off topic best, which is why I like this one. Along with the communal chili love too that is.

Back