• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My Three 7's

I ended up growing three different 7 Pot peppers this year and wanted to show them off.

IMG_6770rcre.jpg

The only one that I know the name of is Cappy's 7 Pot "Brain Strain" and that one is obviously the one on the right. I ended up with about 20 pods from two plants. I had some pH/nitrogen issues earlier and I would have loved another six or so weeks of summer as both plants are currently covered in flowers and little pods. I'll be starting these a bit earlier next season.

The one on the far left I have one plant of and it produced about 20 pods on it's own. It also had the pH/nitrogen problem that plagued almost all of my plants.

The top 7 Pot is another unknown. Two plants, 20 or so from one plant and five from another one that the aphids ravaged. These guys are huge with a real light green color that finishes red

All three of them are beyond hot.

Couple more photos.

IMG_6769arcre.jpg

IMG_6764acre.jpg

Nice Pods Patrick.
I too got 7 pot seeds from several different people. Between the 12 or so plants, they look like your pics. Agreed, very hot, but I think the Scorpions are the hottest, more than the Bhuts.

My 7 pots were hotter than Scorps. They didn't have as pronounced tails as those pics.

Hmmmmmm.........

I need to overwinter that bitch again! To be sure.

I ended up with two scorpion plants from different sources. One was a definite hybrid that wasn't quite as hot as the pure one. I cannot tell the difference in heat between the 7 Pot and the T. Scorpion as both of them simply burn me up in seconds.

Fine I wish I could remember where I got my other two 7 Pot seeds. Did you send me some?

Nice 7 patrick but I'm with cheezy, I was picking which of my favorite plants to overwinter and all had their root from Sara. She has introduced the world to the regular 7 Pod first and now brown, yellow and orange. My hats off to you TriniHottie you are the best.:clap::clap::clap:

I thank Sara too, although I wouldn't say she introduced the 7-pot/pod but she really did help spread them quickly. I've grown 3 different versions over the last 3 seasons, and if I ever decide to grow them again I'll probably stick with the version I got from Sara since it seems to be the coolest looking pod type with lots of pimples and lots of heat

And not much tail?

Mine are roundish, but they are fairly irregular, a few have tails. But most are just round and wrinkled.

Very nice Patrick. I sure enjoyed the 7-pot plant you gave me earlier this spring. Thanks again. The pods are really empty on this 7-pot unlike the pics of the Cappy 7, but no matter as they are killer hot. The plant still has pods ripening too. Have you tried the green pods yet? Are they hot? To bad NE land is going to freeze up this weekend. Taking plants inside today for the winter.

Maybe everything will be alright after the Skers crush Missouri tonight on the football field :lol:

cheezydemon said:
And not much tail?

Mine are roundish, but they are fairly irregular, a few have tails. But most are just round and wrinkled.

I've never really had a tail on any type of 7 pot/pod just lots of pimples and bumps

Back