• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Storing sauce

I made some sauce and was going to freeze some and put some in the fridge. It's in plastic containers. Is that fine for sauce to stay in plastic?

Should be just fine with the tupperware stuff. I put water in ziplocks in the freezer to use in my work cooler. I double bag them just in case any leak before freezing. Should work great on sauce too!

texas blues said:
Should be just fine with the tupperware stuff. I put water in ziplocks in the freezer to use in my work cooler. I double bag them just in case any leak before freezing. Should work great on sauce too!

Will it work for the sauce in the fridge? It woun't hurt it or make it taste funny, will it?

Tupperware for sauce should be fine in the fridge too. The lids will get a workout though. If it's for the fridge, actually I would recommend plastic squeeze bottles. If your sauce is runny use bottles with a smaller hole. For thicker, you can cut back on the nozzle chingadera.

texas blues said:
I put water in ziplocks in the freezer to use in my work cooler. I double bag them just in case any leak before freezing. Should work great on sauce too!

you should try using plastic water/gatorade bottles.
during the summer I'd freeze several of bottles or 1 gallon jugs with water in the chest freezer, so it got good an frozen (trading off bottles to allow for full freeze)
& during the day it'd melt & I'd always have something cold to drink.

Back