• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce 2Hot Rocoto Sauce

Picked this sauce up from Kato's Saucehouse online store.
The 2hot rocoto is an import out of Peru, boasting major rocoto peppers and no vinegar for a good pepper taste.
In sampling a spoonful, to me it has a 4 to 6 heat range that hit the back of my mouth with a early breaking of sweat on the forehead. Followed by a good and 5 to 10 minute after burn.
The consistancy is good, thick and slow pouring.
Not having much experience with rocotos(only having fresh ones from friends giving them to me)I can see with the meaty flesh and good heat level that it makes a good sauce, and 2hot is the only commercial rocoto sauce that I have come across.
I used it in a homemade veggie chicken soup, and it gave it the heat I wanted with good flavor.
I can see this sauce good on almost anything, and the bottle won't last long.
Marv

myself I thought this sauce was hotter. The Rocoto peppers supply the heat in a diffrent manner. I find the rocoto's hotter then habanero's. I think it has to do with what you are accustom to.
This sauce supplies the heat without any vinegar it's 99% pure rocoto peppers. so anything you add it to will only have the flavor & heat of the chiles.
we used it on Ceviche in place of diced chiles. Worked great as it added the fire without masking the flavor of the ceviche.
Can see many uses for this sauce.

Wanting to try the 2hot rocoto again I tried something different. I made up some venison steaks and the dipping sauce consisted of,
2 tblsps 2hot rocoto
1 tblsp bar-b-q sauce
1 tblsp A-1 sweet & tangy
1/2 tblsp royal bohemian horseradish

It was really good the hr taste and heat of the rocoto was perfect.
I will probably bump up the heat level rating the more I try it.
Once again this is a sauce you want to try because of the rarity of the peppers used.
Marv

Back