beer brewery tours

When I heard of SpicyRv it made me think of a book The Great Beer Trek by Stephen Morris. There are at least two editions. The first came out late 1970's or early 80's. A man and his wife's travels and brewery tours. With the explosion of microbrewerys and brew pubs what would be on your tour list and why?

Brooklyn Brewery because it's down the street and I'm lazy.
Russian River because... well enough said if you have heard of this elusive beer.
Hoppin' Frog so I could throw things at IGGY.

pileiton said:
When I heard of SpicyRv it made me think of a book The Great Beer Trek by Stephen Morris. There are at least two editions. The first came out late 1970's or early 80's. A man and his wife's travels and brewery tours. With the explosion of microbrewerys and brew pubs what would be on your tour list and why?

- Sierra Nevada (just an all around great brewery)
- Stone Brewery (killer beers, all the time)
- Dogfish Head (producing some of the best IPAs around)
- Oskar Blues (putting microbrews in a can, would love to see the process)

Stone's Brewery, never go cause my in-laws live by there.
Olympia Brewery, because it is a nice drive up the coast. And I'll probably want somethin' light after all the girthy beers on the way up.
Leinenkugel's Brewery, love thier beers. Except for the two crappy ones (Sunset Wheat and some Amber) they released down here.

I toured the Anheuser Bush plant in Columbus as a kid, close to my folks place.

Korbel winery has a nice micro brew and toured that along with the winery, awesome place.

Oh that reminds me I've been to Busch Gardens :lol:

Well yeah if you tour the brewery.

Oh, we skipped the brewery :(

For a large brewery, the Columbus plant was impressive, I use to know people who worked there and they said it was a great place to work.

It seems these parks don't have brewery tours anymore. They did when I was a wee lad.

Oh well I don't drink that swill anyways!

thehotpepper.com said:
Brooklyn Brewery because it's down the street and I'm lazy.
Russian River because... well enough said if you have heard of this elusive beer.
Hoppin' Frog so I could throw things at IGGY.

I remember reading a long time back in All About Beer abut BB. If I remember correctly they have a chocolate stout. I have a friend in NY who I will have take me when I visit him. I'll give you advance notice so you can hide!

Thanks everyone.

IGGY? OMG!!!

I remember being a kid and touring the old G.Heilman brewery in La Crosse, WI with the old man. Even got a few samples. :shh: The good 'ol days... Is a different co/brewery now. They used to make Old Style, Blatz, and Special Export.

I've toured steamwhistle in Toronto. It used to be an old railway roundhouse. It was cool. Best part was the 6 glasses of beer I got as samples.

Cleveland: Great Lakes Brewery - great place, many beers available and always a seasonal one. Good food also.

Willoughby Brewing Company - awesome beers (also a microbrewed root beer for the kids)

Akron use to have what I considered the best one: Liberty Brewing Company, but it closed in 01 (not due to lack of business).

Pittsburgh: Church Brew works (in an old catholic church). Great beer and great aviance.

Stone
Three Floyds
Rogue
Ommegang
Unibrou

Very jealous. I love most of Rogue's beers. I was at a vendor training here in Minneapolis on Wednesday and they had the Rogue OREgasmic ale on tap, which was fabulous. You usually can't find any rogue beers on tap around here.

The tours I have done and enjoyed -
Leinenkugals
Point
Grainbelt
Slab City
Jack Daniels (not a brewery, but the best tour I have been on)

Back