• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chilli Tests "Trinidad Bean Shaped Pod"

Thanks to Sarah for sending these Yrs ago, grown them for 3 yrs now i think and never tried 1 as don't till test so as seasons winding down and not many left thought would have a go as a few people have tried them and always said good stuff, they taste nice and hot.. Cool

Trinidad Bean shaped Pods
sorry for the crappy Pic
trinibean1.jpg

the plants don't get that big and get to about 3 feet and remind me of a Big Afro as they sort of roundish and thick/bushy, ya get a heap of Pods on them too but they arnt that seedy.
the Pods are bout an Inch long and shaped like sort of peanuts or little beans and its Not a crunchy crunch but a sort of smoothish soft taste,, Flavour WOW they are unreal and instantly sweet and a nice fruity tang with then a light habaneroish flavour as well.

heat is fairly quick too and Builds a Bit and hit the Throat and Mouth fairly hard with a Great burn that then peaked and plateaued for a while whilst keeping the great flavour..

[video=youtube;FiZt9Z-UE8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiZt9Z-UE8k[/video]

i reallllly love these and they surprised me with both the Great flavour and Heat,, they would have to be my Favorite non superhot now as well and will get a couple more going next season so have Lots of Pods and might make something with.

Hope Ya's enjoy..
cheers
neil.

Nice! A lesser heat pod gave you the hiccups? Must of had a bit of bite. Looks like a good one for salsas, may need to try to find seeds for next season. :D

looks like a nasty little bastard. and arboc i think everyone here wishes that they could grow all the chili's Neil dose. but alas space is the issue... oh yea and the climate for me.. kinda sucks having 6 moths of sub zero temps.

Back