• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Grillin' & Chillin' Independence Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazinfat- here's a closeup of the brew-

winthropbeer001.jpg

as I said, the Ruud family (hence the name "Ruud Awakening" ) bought a local brew pub 2 years ago. Mom and Dad run the operations, and both sons work in the biz. One son was a chemical engineer, came onboard, and became their brewmaster. His brews are already winning awards. It's nice to see success stories, even in these bad economic times.

http://www.oldschoolhousebrewery.com/

SL...that is pure hot blue and righteous! What an absolutely beautiful spread.

Now for your further entertainment and grill/que pleasure, allow me to tease and stimulate your culinary libido...

IMG_2487.jpg

Death, that's the bacon I remember from AU with the loin still on, can't get that in the states. Man there is some good lookin stuff there, gonna be a tough vote

Wow this is awesome!!My vote was waivering back and forth,then I saw that Prime rib! Now grilled ribs!!!cant wait to see where that goes!Wonderful competition so far!
Kevin

I said this morning that the action in this thread had been a little on the slow side. It certainly went OFF THE CHARTS today! I don't know where to start. I love them all! Awesome work everyone. This is going to be a tough vote.

TB, where's the rest of the pics?

Hey ya'll, here 'tis...TB's Pulled Pork and Babybacks

Tequila is the perfect drink for this....trust me.

I did a 3-2-1 on the pulled pork. 3 hours on the smoke, 2 hours in foil, 1 hour rest. The baby's a 3-1-1. Spritzed every half hour with a half and half mix of rice wine vin and apple juice. Perfect. Grilled the veggies. The pineapple was especially sweet on the grill! Incredible! Dig it!

IMG_2489.jpg

mrs. blues favorite...

IMG_2492.jpg

The grilled veg and 'pina....

IMG_2494.jpg

You're not going to believe this....a grilled bloomin' onion topped with cheddar and bacon..

IMG_2495.jpg

And now the final plate up..who needs foo foo...

IMG_2499.jpg

Last one.....the bloomin' onion was incredible. The 'que was from heaven...

IMG_2501.jpg

:faints:

Ok now I am reminded of something my dad always told me: Be careful what you wish for. Holy Christ on a pogo stick TB that is insane!

-1 for the plain shot of tequila. Though I know how you love it so.

Gimme some of that onion!

:faints:

Ok now I am reminded of something my dad always told me: Be careful what you wish for. Holy Christ on a pogo stick TB that is insane!

-1 for the plain shot of tequila. Though I know how you love it so.

Gimme some of that onion!

The onion was a meal in iself. Have mercy! I have to pm you....

TB your ability to make me laugh and drool due to your passion and love for anything food is just awesome. Thank you sir........for you are a knight of the dinner table.

SL, that looks like a feast! Love the fresh horseradish approach!

TB, well done on the 'Que. Leftover pulled pork is one of my favorite things to tinker with. I try to keep some around at all times, but it never lasts. Great for poppers, pizza, and nachos (and many many other applications).

JT, the meat salad, wow!

Did I catch Kangaroo meat somewhere? The branding was a great idea. Looked a bit undercooked for my taste, though. Big points for originality!!!

I prefer my marsupial flesh with a little more of a sear.

I've seen some awesome dishes so far.....It's gonna be hard to pick a winner!

I hope everyone had a killer 4th and emerged safely and full of good food! (I know we did!!!)

I wasnt going to do it however could not stop myself. 3 store no leg of lamb. Ok lets improvise. Save those votes people I need a few hours.
teaser:
kQZ3S.jpg

reason for edit, forgot the pic.

You'd better hurry, Lazinfat! Cut off time for posting is 6:30 ET!

I fail, no entry from me :( f'in thundestorm and rained all damn weekend yard is flooded and plan involved slow cooking pork in the ground, the defcon was for just some goofing off and injecting hot dogs and brats :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back