• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Health benefits

I read somewhere recently that eating 100 grams of hot peppers gives you 100 % of Vitamin C daily intake. Its also been used in treating rheumatism and depression.

Can we get our crops subsidized on the NHS or what? What other ailments / benefits / wives tales are out there?

I have read as well to eat hot peppers at the beach to bring moisture up to the skin which cools the body down

It makes one hell of an eye wash.... : insert evil laught :

It helps to reduce the prostate size, prevents certain cancers, can treat certain cancers (when mixed with another Rx), increases blood circulation, reduced stomich acid (because peppers are a base), gives you a ring of fire that will burn off any hemeroid (well, that last part was a lie), it's extremely high in both Vitamin A and C.

Peppers also speed up your metabolism which is good for losing weight. I believe some diet supplements contain capsaicin.

chiles are one of the best things to eat since they have vitamin C & E - beta carotene - folate - potassium & some more maybe that I dont know about.

chilliman64 said:
I believe that my cuts and grazes heal quicker than non-chileheads do

C'mere, let's try an experiment.

*whips out Big Sharp Knife*

This is gonna sting a little bit...

I have a lotion that has Capsaicin Frutescens Oleoresin in it. I use it after long periods of time playing drums. It really sooths my muscles nicely.

dreamtheatervt said:
Great...now I have to defend myself as the science authority on this board. *pulls out my fencing foil*

En Garde!

*parries*

Then why aren't you posting about the state of DNA technology in the "Bhut jolokia, Naga Morich, and Dorset Naga...Oh my!" thread?

*riposte*

Ha! Ha, I say!

BBQ-Phil said:
Since I eat chili,my hayfever is gone.......don't know if this is the reason,but thats the way it is.
Not the first time I've heard something like that.

OH! I don't have a sense of smell which deminishes my sense of taste by at least 70-80%. If I add peppers, I can taste practically 90% of what is considered normal for everyone else. I would say that is a huge benefit. (Hence why I eat peppers and pepper products on breakfast, lunch, and dinners). Nice way around a major handicap. :P

Now if peppers would only help with my putting game.

luckydog - :clap:

as for chiles & allergies, well it(chiles) does nothing for me when it comes to ragweed, ragweed hits me BAD! I know everyone else is different but chiles dont help me at all for allergies.

Back