Pending Friend Request Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have now received at least 3 friend request notifications for which, when I click the link to go to approve the friend request, I get transferred to the pending friend request page, but none display, so I can't accept them. DP sent one last night/this morning, and I've left the notification out there for trouble-shooting purposes. Did I mess up a setting or something?

It is probably your settings. Although for some reason after the time change I have had some other minor problems.

The only thing is - which setting(s)? I have friends enabled on my profile, set to show when I approve them. This is no change from before, when it would display pending friend reqeusts. I have notifications turned on for friend requests, and clearly I'm receiving them. Not much else seems to apply.

I also received a friends request notification yesterday for some reason.
I did not initiate or request the addition of a friend, and don't know how it occurred.

I also received a friends request notification yesterday for some reason.
I did not initiate or request the addition of a friend, and don't know how it occurred.
Someone else will send a friend request to you - they initiated it, not you. Depending upon your settings, it will either automatically post the friend to your profile, or you will need to decide whether to accept or deny the friend request. The link in the notification will take you to a pending friend page, where you can make your choice - it will list everyone who has sent your a friend request. This is where I'm having the problem - it's not listing anyone, even though someone did send me a request.

OK, I'm new to reading and posting on forums or things like Facebook. I consider all of you friends. What happens when I make or accept a "friend request"?
T

OK, I'm new to reading and posting on forums or things like Facebook. I consider all of you friends. What happens when I make or accept a "friend request"?
T
When you accept a friend request, that person gets added to your friend list. If you have your settings set to show friends, they will appear on your profile.

When you make a friend request, it depends upon their settings as to whether you are auto-accepted or if they have to approve or decline your request.

I have the same issue, recently I had a friend request .... I know, strange for me(HawaiiAl is my only friend and that's because I paid him to be my friend - it was done under the old system), under my settings/profile I had friends set to show friends and enabled, manually friend requests(or whatever the screen drop down box says). I get a personal conversation saying someone wanted to be my friend and I had to click the manage friends link to activate(that was the only option the screen dialog gave me). So, I click on it and nothing happened. I have since changed this setting to disabled, automatically add friends but haven't had a friend request to see if that fixed it.

I am not forum savvy and only do the very basics post in selective areas of topics -no chatting or blogging. Only use facebook because my sister said she was uploading pictures of her kids and grandchildren and she thought I would like to see them but all I seem to get are things like baby betty had her first hard pooh, little mary woke up at 3am, little tommy farted and it scared him, real meaningful things like that. I have another facebook friend(no, aquaintance) that belongs everyone of those silly groups and I had to delete any posting from that person because it was filling my entire page with junk. I signed up for a Linkedin account because a friend asks me to post a good reference for him and the only people that have viewed my link are people from my former employer monitoring to see if I joined any of their competitors, I guess.

I have the same issue, recently I had a friend request .... I know, strange for me
I just sent you a friend request - let's see if it posts or not.

Edit: The system immediately sent me a notification that you accepted me as a friend, so it looks like it's working on this side. Did it do anything on your side?

thanks geeme, I just saw the personal conversation notification and you were automatically and immediately added, you are now my second friend! Actually leo-c was to be my friend but the system gave me no way to enable his request - guess I'll add him manually. Yesterday, I changed the setting to disable - automatically add friends, changing it from enabled. (confusing I know).

i had the same problem. i think it was captain pepper. it's always worked fine before but this time it was the situation you described. i just have to get the message to captain pepper so he doesnt thin i'm being a jerk!

So what I've done at this point is open the profiles of the ones who sent me friend requests, and made friend requests on their profiles. This has usually resulted in them being added, but doesn't change the fact that they never showed up as pending, unlike before.

More weirdness, but looks like this may be getting worked on. Laz sent me a friend request, but when I clicked the link inside the notification, he didn't show up as pending. As noted just above, I went to his profile and did a friend request. I then got a notification that he approved it. However, he didn't show up in my friend list. Then for kicks and grins, went back to the notification, clicked the link again, and now all 3 pending requests (Laz + the two others) all showed up as pending. Approved all 3, and they're now listed as friends.

So either this is being worked on, or there is some top-secret, obfuscated sequence of keys and llnks that must be pressed in order to accomplish the desired goal. :lol:

Its happened to me too but the pending friends seem to show up much later, maybe a day or so.
I also just received a confirmation confirming my friend request from someone that I don't think I added as a friend (not saying I dont want friends) but I don't remember sending the request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back