• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

How many Bottles in a case?

Hi Uncle Big,

The orders have indeed come in thick and fast (I think Im up to 140 in just over a week). I wish Id done a bigger batch!

Unfortunately most are to the states. Its going to cost me a small fortune to get them all there :-(

Mark

darlochileman said:
Hi Uncle Big,

The orders have indeed come in thick and fast (I think Im up to 140 in just over a week). I wish Id done a bigger batch!

Unfortunately most are to the states. Its going to cost me a small fortune to get them all there :-(

Mark

Ummm, I'll probably be flogged for saying this, but shouldn't the buyer pay the shipping cost?

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Ummm, I'll probably be flogged for saying this, but shouldn't the buyer pay the shipping cost?[/QUOTE]

I would assume you are correct Cap'n.
Mark if you're not charging freight, you should be. If people want it, they'll pay for it.
Just make sure you save me my bottles. Uncle Big needs Snake Bite stat!!
I never heard back from your last PM so I'm assuming my bottles are still in the queue? Yeah, I'm sure they are.
Keep selling buddy. Good on ya!!
:mouthonfire: :hell:

Thanks for the advice Guys,

I was planning to add on the shipping costs :mouthonfire:

However I reckon its going to cost something like £3.50-£4 to ship 1 150ml bottle, thats nearly $8! The very weak $ aaginst the £ is working against me and it seems an awful lot for a buyer to pay.
I was sacred it would put people off.

I wonder how much a case will cost?

I havent forgot about you Unclebig. For fairness, Ive set a bottle of each aside for you from the first batch. I wish I could send you more but I wanted to let as many people as I could experience the first batch so Ive had to restrict the number of bottles per person. Im sure I can ship much bigger quanities to you in the future if it meets with you approval. Im probably going to need a contract packer on that side of the pod at some point in the future :hell:

Mark

marcosauces said:
Yeah Mark...costumer pays shipping..:)

is there some sort of fancy dress regulation in order to get this sauce? :hell:

in order to keep this post on topic, I must fire a question back at you Mark - how big is the case??? now if it's a twelve-bottle case I'd say you could fit a dozen in.

reminds me of the time I went to Maccas and ordered 'a dozen chicken nuggets', the girl said 'we don't do them by the dozen, only 6, 10 or 15'. I changed my order to two lots of 6 and she and I were both very happy with the outcome! :mouthonfire:

the other Mark

darlochileman said:

I was planning to add on the shipping costs :hell:

However I reckon its going to cost something like £3.50-£4 to ship 1 150ml bottle, thats nearly $8! The very weak $ aaginst the £ is working against me and it seems an awful lot for a buyer to pay.

Mark

Mark, at $8.00 to ship, that's not bad considering the AirMail Letter post rate to the UK from my neck of the woods is $10.60US for one 5oz bottle. Two bottles is around $14.00US..Don't sweat the shipping because this bunch of diehards will pay it.

As for the shipping rate for a case, being a tiny company like myself, the postal rates literally put me out of the game when it comes to shipping smaller case orders overseas. The bigger guys ship in larger bulk, which gives them a break in shipping cost per pound. Sometimes "size does matter". :mouthonfire:

darlochileman said:

I was planning to add on the shipping costs ;)

I havent forgot about you Unclebig. For fairness, Ive set a bottle of each aside for you from the first batch. I wish I could send you more but I wanted to let as many people as I could experience the first batch so Ive had to restrict the number of bottles per person. Im sure I can ship much bigger quanities to you in the future if it meets with you approval. Im probably going to need a contract packer on that side of the pod at some point in the future ;)

Mark
Mark if you need a copacker on this side of the pond, you can count us in for sure.
Thanks for hooking me up with the bottles, much appreciated.
Can' wait.:(

Back