• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

The Salt Lick, Las Vegas

Yesterday my gal took me to lunch at The Salt Lick here in LV. It's located in the new Red Rocks Resort. Beautiful place! I have never been to the one in Texas but always wanted to go as it is so highly spoken of.
Service was muy excellente'. The sides were good but not remarkable. Cole slaw, pinto beans, potato salad. I guess the powers that be don't want the sides competing with the meat. No worries there though. I had the Combo plate of sausage, brisket and ribs. I can't remember the last time I had Texas que this good in a commercial joint. (not really a chain as it's only the second one to the original outside of Austin I believe) Meat was perfect to say the least and didn't need sauce at all even though the sauce served was very nice and not overpowering. My gal had the smoked turkey sand. She loved it. Portions are just right as well as the prices. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting LV although its quite a ways off the strip. But if you have a rental car...get on down there!
Next week I hope to get down to Big Mama's Soulfood and Ribs, and I'll post a review for that joint as well.
Cheers ya'll.

I had no idea they had a branch out there.

We went to the one out in Driftwood the other day. ( there's one here in town too). We got the all-you-can-eat-family-style deal and it sure was fine. They just keep the meat a come'n. It's also very cool they let ya take home the leftovers.

I took a mini keg of some good German beer as it's BYOB out there. Special times.:think:

Back