• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

decisions decisions.... pot up or not?

This is my 2nd year planting from seed. Last year I had a few blunders, this year a couple, but whatever I did to this plant I did everything perfect. It is growing so well, hybrid vigor maybe (it's one of my Thai/Tabasco experiment).

thaitab.JPG

I am however torn between keeping it in the pot it's in and not disturbing it, and pot up next year. Or potting up next month....

When I get to work I'll show you how much bigger it is now, in just 5 days!

I'd wait till you have a decent rootmass and transplanting will be a breeze with little disturbance. Likely a few more weeks but I'm just guessing from what I see in the pic. Is there any roots coming out the bottom of the pot yet?

Maybe I'll wait until Sunday to have new pictures... My camera stinks compared to my friends camera.....

no roots out of the bottom.

I always wait till theres a sign that they need repotting first. They don't like being moved a lot, so best to wait.
I look for soil drying out real fast and/or yellowing, wilting, lack of new growth. I also give the roots a good trimming during the transfer unless they're going into the ground.

Yours looks happy enough there and will probably get a lot bushier before it needs to be moved.

the666bbq said:
huh ? how much time is there between your first post and the one showing 22th of May ? the difference is huge...

April 22 for that first picture and April 27 for second one.

Yesterday when I put it outside to enjoy some outside wind n sun I swear I think it grew an inch. I should put an empty CD case in the picture just like the second picture.

I am amazed at how well this one is doing! None of my plants got anywhere near that big until July/August!

seems there is a mad growth spurt all over the globe, mine are growing really fast at the moment, shooting up and out like crazy...

kas said:
seems there is a mad growth spurt all over the globe, mine are growing really fast at the moment, shooting up and out like crazy...

all the ones in my store window, cept for one F2 Jalabanero, are doing awesome! As you can see in the other thread pepper plant updates. Wish every plant was doing this well. This one should have its flower by end of the week, then the wait to see if it is a hybrid Thai/Tabasco F1. I only sent one other person these F1 seeds and they didn't plant this year.

Web_Of_Hair said:
April 22 for that first picture and April 27 for second one.

Yesterday when I put it outside to enjoy some outside wind n sun I swear I think it grew an inch. I should put an empty CD case in the picture just like the second picture.

I am amazed at how well this one is doing! None of my plants got anywhere near that big until July/August!

My Korean Hot are growing like crazy now too! Only half way through Spring and they're pushing 2 feet and are full of pods.

Web_Of_Hair said:
all the ones in my store window, cept for one F2 Jalabanero, are doing awesome! As you can see in the other thread pepper plant updates. Wish every plant was doing this well. This one should have its flower by end of the week, then the wait to see if it is a hybrid Thai/Tabasco F1. I only sent one other person these F1 seeds and they didn't plant this year.

Mine are all indoors too on window ledges with lots and lots of light. Be nice to have a garden to grow them in but make the best with what you got!

Back