Im leaving propane for my workshop

Id like to know the best charcoal bbq to get..I see the one on the bbq Pit Boys on youtube..(Buddy has one just like it)These new propane grills..I hate them a tonne of wasted cooking space..My old propane grill finally after 11 years rotted away..Days are now getting longer and temps are dropping..Ill be smoking some baby back ribs this weekend(cant wait!!)..Thx for any advice in advance...Im still trying to find a drum to build my UDS lol

Depends how big I guess and how much you are willing to spend - Weber makes a nice kettle grills that are huge and mid range priced, I use a char griller with a side firebox that does both smoking and grilling, then the ultimate more expensive is the Green Egg porcelain grill -

my propane bbq rusts out every few years but this summer i am probably looking at one of those nice stainless steel natural gas models; the gas company sent me a letter stating they were moving my gas meter outside this year and when the do, i am going to have them install the fittings to allow me to move to natural gas. of course they came around 10 years ago and said the same thing, then just went away.

char-griller makes a few bad-ass charcoal bbq's. they have their deluxe and outlaw models and brinkmann has a similar design. some you can get with dual features both charcoal and gas, so when you get the last minute urge to bbq and don't feel like fussing with charcoal, one stroke of the ignitor and you are good to go.

as for a smoker, i have the meco(watersmoker), similar design to weber but mine is electric. it has some rust around the leggings.

depending on where you are in canada, i am assuming by your name, but you never know you could be living anywhere; if you want to bbq this weekend then you are going to have to find a place that has the physical product. Rona's is usually stocked by now, along with homedepot, my citgy just got a lowes(but i haven't visited the new location), i have a basspro that has a few good lines and some highend dehydrators. you may have a custom bbq store or there is always the good ole standbye of canadian tire or walmart(but don't expect quality-at least from walmarts in canada).

let us know which one you choose.

I have a bbq I spent over 600.00 on and it must be 4 years old..the tubes are done...tonnes of cooking space but because of the new tube style only the back half is good alot of wasted space....Its going for scrap..That BBQ was the worst buy I ever did...If I cant find old school than charcoal is the best way to go...

I have a WSM with a few mods and love it. A bit pricey for the initial cost, but I love how flexible it is. Unless you have room for a huge offset it's the next best thing.

Back