• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper Powder Party

I was recently able to purchase some pure unmixed pepper powders from Wayright.

Kevin told me that he dries his pepper powders at low temperatures, right around 95F, and you can see for yourself how well the low temps preserved the colors of these powders.

IMG_4699-1.jpg
IMG_4670-1.jpg

And Kevin was very generous and added in some bonus powders to try, even including a sample of his own special blend.

My personal favorite powder is the Douglah, which took four days to dry because it had so many oils in it.

The Douglah has a very complex flavor, and is the hottest powder of the bunch, having clobbered my ass both times that I tried to mess with that Big Dog.

And since I am new to hot pepper powders, this was a great opportunity for me to try some different powders not commonly available out there.

Thanks again Kevin, I've been enjoying them.

dvg

What a beautiful rainbow of colors. Is this what an LSD hit is like?

Are you sure you really want me to answer that?

Granted the colors are pretty, but you should stay away from drugs....they aren't good for you.

Mind you, if you were to snort a line of Douglah, you'd pretty much forget all about the acid... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dvg

awsome selection. looks like wayright makes some awsome drieds! also Buddy that's on here makes some awsome drieds as well.buddy's smoked dried peppers are off the hook! these guys have inspired me to buy another dehydrater and give it another shot. they're becoming addicting!

awsome selection. looks like wayright makes some awsome drieds! also Buddy that's on here makes some awsome drieds as well.buddy's smoked dried peppers are off the hook! these guys have inspired me to buy another dehydrater and give it another shot. they're becoming addicting!

Haha, you've got that right Ed.

I've found that the powders are so versatile, and they don't cause the stomach pain that fresh pods or hot sauces can give me on an empty stomach.

Well maybe except for the Douglah...that powder is on a whole other level. :cool: :hell: :cool:

dvg

Pepper Party? is it open invite? is there more than one toilet for newbies?
that is indeed a very nice collection, I am envious!

Amazing collection Doug! Powders are surly a great way to distribute heat/color.

2ounces of Douglah will last 100 years. ;)

Pepper Party? is it open invite? is there more than one toilet for newbies?
that is indeed a very nice collection, I am envious!

Thanks for the kind words Fubarhouse.

And there is an outhouse in the back to accommodate newbs, but if there is a line up back there, just remember that there are two seats in the outhouse to speed things up for those of you that aren't too shy.

And please remember to throw some lime down after yer finished yer bizness in there. :crazy:

Also, yes it is an open invite, so feel free to bring along a friend or two, ya don't want anyone thinkin' that ya was a Pepper Powder Party Pooper now, would ya? :rofl: :rofl:

Powders rock.....a little goes a long way, and they will last forever!
:woohoo:

These powders are potent, but I've been diggin' into 'em pretty good so far.

But if I get a callous on my tongue, I might have to cut back on my consumption levels.

Amazing collection Doug! Powders are surly a great way to distribute heat/color.

2ounces of Douglah will last 100 years. ;)

Thanks B2BS!

I hope the Douglah doesn't last that long... :rofl:

...but since I only have an oz of the Douglah, I'm confident I can get er done before the century mark winds around. ;)

dvg

I'm glad you are diggin the powders Doug!

That picture looks so cool! :cool:

I agree with your assessment of the Douglah!
That is one bad a$$ powder!

Try some on steamed rice! it is incredible! :fireball:

Thanks for the compliments,next thing you know you will be sneaking your own stash into restaurants with you!

Kevin

Hey Kevin, great to see that you could make it to the party here....fashionably late maybe, but at least your weren't a Pepper Powder Party Pooper :rofl:

Yeah, the Douglah, haha, just took some of that, just a bit of the powder on the tip of a teaspoon.

The flavor is so rich when I first taste it, but it doesn't take long before the heat comes rushing in, maybe ten or fifteen seconds later and then all of the flavor is converted over to an intense midddle of the tongue burn and it is also probably the only powder that consistently gets the drool going.

Yeah, I was just wishing that I had some powder along when we were out for dinner tonight...might as well bring it, cuz ya ain't gonna find it here. ;)

dvg

That is awesome that Kevin was able to maintain the colors of each. Take a teaspoon of each all at once and I'll bet you'd $hit a rainbow of fire!!! :rofl:

I made powder out of some mystery long red curly looking chilis i grew last year and i made the mistake of smelling it when i was done. I almost fuckin died from capsaicin in my lungs. Whatever you do dont inhale extremely hot chili powder because keep in mind they make weapons out of this shit. Actually chili powder makes an ideal weapon. Throw some of that shit in someones face and there gonna have a bad time, i know i did.

WOW! That's alot of powders, gonna last you a lifetime. Enjoy!

Thanks Wasatch, I've really been enjoying them so far. :dance: :onfire: :woohoo:

And just when the party supplies were needin' a refill, luckily some emergency relief aid arrived in today's mail, from Cmpman1974.

Thanks Chris!

IMG_4738-1.jpg

Chris sent out 7 oz of his 7 Pot Red Super Hot Mix.

It is his own "custom blend of 7 Pot Jonah, Red 7 Pot, Barrackpore, 7 Pot Orange, 7 Pot Primo & Other 7 Pot Variants"

I sampled a bit of this on a spoon. It had a complex citrusy flavor with a slightly bitter aftertaste. It left me with a good tongue burn and warmed up my mouth considerably.

It also got my nose running like I had caught a cold. Funny, but I went from having slightly stuffed up nostrils, to having to reach for a few tissues to mop up after a steady stream, that seemed to have no intention of stopping. :rofl:

But the thing that I noticed the most with this powder was the "wanna-drool".

My tongue was burning so fiercely, it just felt like the drool was gonna be coming, had to be coming.......but no it wasn't to be, I was just left with the wanna-drool.

If there is such a thing as the dry drool, maybe in the same sense as the dry-heave, I kept thinking that drool had to be coming, but in the end, I was only teased with it.

Chris also sent along 3 oz of his incredible Chocolate Thunder Mix.

This is a "Custom blend of Chocolate Habalokia, Chocolate Bhut, Black Naga, Trinidad Scorpion Brown, & Pot Brown and Trinidad Douglah."

I took some of this as well, once my mouth simmered down from the 7 Pod Red Super Hot Mix.

When I sampled the CT, I was amazed by how much the taste resembled powdered cocao or chocolate.

The flavor was extremely good, an earthy chocolatey blend for the tastebuds.

Then the heat started to build and things got very intense.

It supplied a very credible upper back of the throat burn, which caught my attention, as it began to throb as the heat continued to build in intensity.

But the place where I noticed it the most, was underneath my tongue. I can't recall ever having had the underside of my tongue scorched so well. It felt like a suckling pig slowly turning on a rotisserie, able to roll around but never fully escaping the oppressive heat.

The extreme outer sides of my tongue were lit up better than a whorehouse's porch light during sailor's shore leave.

The CT has such a long lasting burn that continues to build in intensity, and the drool doesn't hold back with this powder.

This powder can bring the drool on, in a way that few other powders can.

The Chocolate Thunder was so good, that I just had to try Kevin's Douglah for comparison after trying the Chocolate Thunder.

But I found out that the Douglah is still a Big Dog and it really stepped up the drool from where the Thunder left off.

The Douglah doesn't have the high intensity overall mouthburn that the Chocolate Thunder delivers, but where that Big Dog gits ahold of ya, it sinks it's teeth in deep and doesn't let go until you're mauled and hurting. :hell:

And a word here about Chris' powders.

These are the best powders that I've seen in terms of quality and the fineness of the ground powder.

Chris' powders have no seeds and the powder is ground to the texture of flour. His powder is so fine, it seems like talcum powder inside the bags.

So my hat's off to both Kevin and Chris, for their contributions and helping to make this Pepper Powder Party possible. ;)

dvg

Back