• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pro mix

The pro mix bale is compressed quite a bit so there is actually more than 3.8 cf of soil in there. Closer to 7 according to the pro mix site that says it decompresses to nearly double the size. You might get closer to 8-10 depending on if the pot is actually 5 gal and how tight you pack it in there. The bale I bought last year, I filled something like 2-5 gal, 4-3 gal, 12-1 gal, 2 seed starting trays and several 3.5" pots. There is more in there than you think.

jacob

Agree much more in the compressed bale than you would think. 5 gallons is a big container and most nursery pots are much smaller and will fill just over 15 black nursery containers. Good stuff.

I got compressed bales of peat from Priemier this year for my mix and was amazed how much one bale expands to.

i would say quite a bit... out of my promix bale, i got:

6 5g pots
5 3g pots

and there's still enough left over in the bale for couple more 5g pots.

The pro mix bale is compressed quite a bit so there is actually more than 3.8 cf of soil in there. Closer to 7 according to the pro mix site that says it decompresses to nearly double the size. You might get closer to 8-10 depending on if the pot is actually 5 gal and how tight you pack it in there. The bale I bought last year, I filled something like 2-5 gal, 4-3 gal, 12-1 gal, 2 seed starting trays and several 3.5" pots. There is more in there than you think.

jacob

+1

When you add in water it expands even more, great stuff!!

Just today, I used roughly 1 1/2 bails of Pro Mix, and have 15 five gallon pots. (Filled about 3/4 of the way. When they get a little older, I add more.)

Thank you very much for your posts. Man just found out shipping is about $50 bucks plus $26.95 thats $76.95 for one bail. Wow !!!

Back