• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Gnomepunters 2011 growlog

HPIM4583.jpg

HPIM4584.jpg

HPIM4585.jpg

heres my babies my orange hab plant as you can see is a little yellow started doing that yesterday i think he needs some epsom salt.and one of my C reds is getting a shriveled up leaf but other than that i think they are doing pretty good.so what are you guys input on my yellowing issue and my shriveled up leaf.

I would give Epson salt a go and see what happens.

I gave all of mine a blast this morning for the same reason and they're already showing some improvement. I'll continue to spray them in a few days.

Good luck!!

Reactions: Ela
I would give Epson salt a go and see what happens.

I gave all of mine a blast this morning for the same reason and they're already showing some improvement. I'll continue to spray them in a few days.

Good luck!!

I agree with my other half :lol: and would add my 2 cents to this. Prune them good from bottom with sharp scissors. Just cut all those big sucker leaves to boost their growth and add a bit more soil mix too. It would make your babies happy, trust me. :lol:

yellowing looks not too bad,
the leaf dropped onto the soil and rotted would trim off as others said

the plants all look like they wanted water at picture time

the pots you are in look "half full" to me
please pull the plants out and add soil under
them and then on the sides to

increase the size of root ball you can get there.

when you have more more root volume, you theoretically(ten dollar word)
have the potential for increased size and number of chilis :crazy:

They’re looking great.

Make sure to cut all those big leaves from the bottom steams up to half a way. This is important because would give your babies a strength to grow bigger and faster. Also I would suggest to tied them up to a garden stake, perhaps bamboo. Just stick it inside of bucket making sure to not disturb roots to much and use some form of ties to tied up plant to the stakes. At this stage your peppers are in dire need for support. In our case we’re using old t-shirts cut up in long strips. It is cost effective. Make sure to add more soil mix to your pots.

Good luck to ya :)

you don't need to cut any leaves off. They provide food for the plant and cutting them off means the plant has less food.

just curious but i notice that the areas where the main stem grows and branches out on my plants are small.and its this area up where the peppers grow.what i am trying to ask is will this grow fast or is my yield gonna be small b/c i dont have much branch area from where it grows out into a y.i was told that this area of the plant will start growing like crazy during budding but im a pepper noob.so im not sure.

i would attribute your small yield to small root ball

it looks like those say 8" on the sticker,

then you do not fill the pots either

what yield do you expect?

if you want "good yield" try potting up to #5 or larger

good growing

its 2 gallon containers.i been wanting upgrade to 5 gallon.i havent harvested anything yet i was just concerned about the fact that where my main stalk branches out is only about 3 inches tall.most plants that start to get buds are at least a foot tall after where the stalk branches out.and i got a late start to these were planted in april.

Peppers will bud when they are ready. Some people pic the buds off when the plant is small to promote more vertivcal growth. The plant will continue to grow either way. I have done it both ways and have had better yields when I pic the flowers off plants that are really small. :onfire:

thank you very much peppergrowingman.i have really worked hard on these little guys.i cant wait till next week when they get bigger containers.i think ill pick the buds off all but one plant today and let the opther one grow me some peppers so i can have some while i wait for the others.

They look healthy but, as nitwit pointed out, they will prolly be limited somewhat by the fact that some didn't appear to have much dirt in the containers. I always try to have the dirt level just below the edge of the container. I wouldn't just dump dirt in on top though. The plant needs to be raised up too. They look pretty healthy right now though. Good going for a new grower.

well you know the root ball only takes up about half of the containers at the moment so ill prob get me a bag of soil and fill them up the rest and wait until first of august to get bigger pots b/c im waaay low on funds at the moment.i will pull the plants out and put a few inches of soil underneath them them put them back in and add a inch of soil to the top this sound good?and should i loosen up the rootball when i do this or leave it as is?

Back