• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Scorpion Bay Hotacado

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Product Reviewed:
Scorpion Bay Hot Sauce - Hotacado
Company:
Wanderlust Gourmet Foods, LLC
www.scorpionbayhotsauce.com
TheHotPepper Member:
Scorpion Bay Hot Sauce
Listed Ingredients:
Tomatillos, jalapeno peppers, water, avocado, serrano peppers, apple cider vinegar, garlic, cilantro, kosher salt, orange juice, canola oil, Mexican oregano, jalapeno powder, xanthan gum, lime juice, spices.
Label/Packaging:
Very professional
Heat Index:

Hotacado. Great name. Some great flavors dance on the tongue immediately... avocado, garlic, and lime. The avocado adds a nice creaminess to this sauce, a creaminess that is disrupted, and welcomely so, with bits of tomatillo, peppers, and garlic. There is a slight tingle on the lips, but it is not a burn, this sauce is mild to medium. It's all about the flavor. Guacamole in a bottle... and pourable! The lime makes it taste fresh, like it was made table-side. The vinegar gives it the tang that separates it from guacamole. This is a sauce, and a darn good one. Scorpion Bay is making quality products, with quality ingredients. Smother a chicken sandwich with Hotacado and you won't be sorry. See the pic!

Attachments

• hotacadochicken.jpg
    hotacadochicken.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 228
  • hotacado.jpg
    hotacado.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 206
Either these sauces are the same ones we have tried or Roberto's hot sauce has sold his recipes. Either way the Hotacado is fantastic and a great product not all that hot but great flavor and consistency. All I know is there was a product we used to carry by the same name made in Florida and then they moved back to California.

Mick
Kato's

From some Internet research, I have found this is the same product. I believe this is his new company name.

Hey Kato,

You are correct we used to be Roberto's . I was having a rough time with all the florida co-packers and wound up selling to a spice company they pretty much did nothing with Roberto's and ran it into the ground. A bunch of old fans looked me up and talked me into starting back up after Roberto's closed down. I said I would only if I had proper backing and found a quality co-packer. So after several board meetings "as in surfing" and about a bottle of Tequila. Scorpion Bay hot sauce was born! We have a fantastic co-packer in Sonoma Ca. They produce for Dean & Deluca, Williams and Sonoma and Crate an Barrel. Been super fun this time around! Hope your business is prospering you always had great product.

Oh yea thanks' HotPepper.com for the great review!

Mahalo,

Rob Burns
Scorpion Bay Hot Sauce
http://www.scorpionbayhotsauce.com
760.917.2805 (Phone)
815.642.8501 (fax)

Back