• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Indoor growing

Hello to all. I am new to this site and new to growing peppers. I can say that I have became addicted to both just this last spring. I purchased some seeds from a farmers market here in Minnesota (red habs and a bhut). Well not so much seeds, they already hooked. I babied these and read alot on how to keep them alive and such. And I am having success. (thanks to THP). I want to continue growing peppers thru the winter. I need some advice on indoor grow setups/hydro. I plan on buying seeds and really taking pride and starting these from seeds. Thanks for the time and thanks to all who post on this site. (hope to post a grow log in a few months!)

Welcome to the forum. Glad your having success so far. I setup a closet at my old place a couple of years ago and wow did those pepeprs do good under MID lights.

The first thing I would suggest is to read read read and when you think you have enough info keep reading. I can honestly say I spent about 20-30 hours reading various books, web sites on how to setup and grow indoors. I also downloaded quit a few videos on how to setup a "grow room" or closet from you tube.

The best resource I found was Maximum Yield which gave me a good overall picture on the equipment, room size, and planning info I needed. http://www.maximumyield.com/

They are very technical and go into a ton of info on specific topics like lights, cooling, various hydro setups etc.

The first thing you should do is give everyone your layout and what your considering then we can comment on if it's good, bad, what to look out for and what other things to consider.

For starters are you thinking about growing a couple of plants in a closet or spare room, several plants in a dedicated grow area, or converting a full garage into a full pepper house?

Hi c.edberg
Welcome I am also in the twin cites area and have been growing peppers for some time both in hydro & dirt.
If you are looking to grow a few peppers indoors over the snow season it can be done pretty easy. Pm me and let me know what area you are in and i mine be able to give you a hand and show you the setups i use.

Back