• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dorset Naga?

Hello,

First hot pepper grow here. I bought these seeds off ebay from a UK seller, they were labeled Dorset Naga.
I popped about 25 seeds and separated them based on vigor, into 3 pots. Then when they outgrew the pots i transferred them into the 3 growing buckets in the pics.
the most vigorous 4 or 5 are in 1 bucket. then about 7 i think, mid-vigor. and the stragglers got lumped into another.

there are 3 or so plants that produce orange-colored peppers.
i haven't really found definitive information on orange or yellow Nagas.

How do these look to you, were they perhaps mislabeled?
thanks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they look like habs. :(
They look good though, if that's any consolation.
You're not the first person here that's been stooged on ebay either.

Healthy looking plants with good crop well done :) They look like normal habaneros to me. Did you try eating one yet what are they like heat wise?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they look like habs. :(
They look good though, if that's any consolation.
You're not the first person here that's been stooged on ebay either.
yeah in all my picture searching, that's what they appeared closest to. darn!

Healthy looking plants with good crop well done :) They look like normal habaneros to me. Did you try eating one yet what are they like heat wise?
heatwise they're pretty hot. i don't have anything to compare them to but they pack a punch.

well, i held out some hope since i saw a little bit of the bumpiness showing on a few, which i didn't see in any other hab pics but ah well. that's what happens sometimes on ebay :) who goes to the trouble of scamming for no more than a few dollars a pop? sheesh

well, i held out some hope since i saw a little bit of the bumpiness showing on a few, which i didn't see in any other hab pics but ah well. that's what happens sometimes on ebay :) who goes to the trouble of scamming for no more than a few dollars a pop? sheesh

Yeah.. bastards!
But again, they look really good and they're an awesome pepper nonetheless. :hell:

Here's a bowl of Dorset Nagas I grew in 2009. Seeds came from Neil at THSC which he got directly from the source.

minidorsetnagasaug52009.jpg

Sorry to hear about your bad eBay experience. You've got some beautiful looking plants and big juicy pods. At least you'll have something to show for all of your hard work growing them.

Let's start a list of crooked eBay sellers!!! It's about time we had a good ol' crucifixion!

I cannot tell you how many times I've seen this scenario play out like this. How hot are they? I bet they would make really good sauces suitable for the general public. What can I say…every season is a learning experience for us all!!

Really bites that you got burned by some jerk on Ebay. Be sure to leave a review and let the Ebay folks know what happened.

I'm definitely in favor of starting a list of people NOT to buy from, maybe we can save a few folks some cash.

Really bites that you got burned by some jerk on Ebay. Be sure to leave a review and let the Ebay folks know what happened.

I'm definitely in favor of starting a list of people NOT to buy from, maybe we can save a few folks some cash.
+1
i was lucky to find this forum before buying anything seedwise from ebay.

As a non crooked guy in UK if you want a few offical dorset naga seeds i can send you a few free which i got from Michel Michaud at seaspring seeds (formally really cool seeds) :dance:
Some people eh?!

the seller was Nagashop but he's unregistered now
he had very good feedback, well over 1000+

http://myworld.ebay.com/nagashop/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=nagashop&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=45

Your plants look "bountyful", some peppers seem to have splits in them, are you overwatering? I've bought "Dorsett Naga" seeds direct from the U.K. pretty reasonable..my cousin lives in Essex England, she's always sending me flower seeds and sort, her pepper Naga seeds that I grow are somewhat smaller pods than the usual, maybe not "Dorsett" Naga's but just as hot as I'm use to.....

Back