variety of peppers for stuffing, longer and skinny, think hot dog (I used 4)
1 Package of Cajun Sausages
1 package of good non-maple bacon
1 block Monterey Jack cheese
1 bag of buns of your choosing
3 hot peppers (I used red fatallis but you can use whatever)
1 small sweet onion
preheat oven 375º
1. remove sausage from casing, cut cheese in 1" cubes (save a bit to shred for
2. Throw 3 red fatallis & 1 small onion into food processor and PULSE
Then add in sausage and cheese, blend until its all one unified mass.
3. Cut top off peppers remove guts and slice open along one side.
4. Put your sausage mix into a hillbilly piping bag (large freezer bag) and cut off
5. Fill peppers with sausage mix.
6. Wrap with bacon and use toothpicks to hold it in place.
7. Put on baking sheet lined with foil and place in the oven for one hour.
8. Brush on bbq and broil hi for 1-2 min (keep an eye on it, you want it to
caramelize not burn)
9. Remove from oven and let set.
10. Place buns open face in the oven with cheese spread on both sides, broil low
till brown, crusty and melty.
11. Remove buns, and assemble.
Pepper casings rock! The only thing I would change after the trial run is I would make a pineapple pepper onion relish for the coup de grâce.Thanks for looking!
Edited by Sethsquatch, 01 September 2011 - 09:50 AM.