•  

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Shigshwa's Grow Log 2011-2013 (Currently, College Grow of Carolina Reapers)

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#41 OROZCONLECHE

OROZCONLECHE

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • aka:Blak-E

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

Wow great plants there I'm on my way my seedlings had just emerged but question, can you grow/propogate the suckers of pepper plants like tomato suckers?
I Spare a Few and Help Many.

#42 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Wow great plants there I'm on my way my seedlings had just emerged but question, can you grow/propogate the suckers of pepper plants like tomato suckers?

Clones you mean? Yeah, you can totally propagate the shoots if that's what you mean.

#43 OROZCONLECHE

OROZCONLECHE

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

Yea I've seen people just get the suckers/shoots dig a large hole stick it in there and there a new plant

#44 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Excellent! The first flower has set fruit. I also like how my tent smells like flowers now.

Posted Image

Yea I've seen people just get the suckers/shoots dig a large hole stick it in there and there a new plant

Here's my clone/seedling setup. A simple desk lamp over a humidity dome. I am currently cloning basil, Mimosa Pudica, a downed TS Butch T, and in the back left, a pumpkin seedling.

Posted Image

Edited by shigshwa, 06 January 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#45 AtomicCobraPeppers

AtomicCobraPeppers

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

looks good!

#46 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

Week 11, day 77. A week after the transplant. The leaves show damage from edema, but it's still doing fine. My Bhut and TS are both flowering, and the Bhut has a pod already! Middle TS is still in veg. Hydro seedling is doing great. Added a basil clone in there, I hear it repels mosquitos and the like.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Bhut Jolokia. See the pod?
Posted Image
TS Butch T. Buds are developing!

Edited by shigshwa, 15 January 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#47 OROZCONLECHE

OROZCONLECHE

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Wow amazing plants I hope does pod do great

#48 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

Le quarter returns, this time, to measure the size of my Bhut Jolokia pod number 1.

Posted Image

#49 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

Pod added a good quarter inch of length. Man, worm tea works miracles! Branches shot up an extra inch the day after applying it! I'll update on a normal schedule from now on. Every Sunday.

Posted Image

Edited by shigshwa, 13 January 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#50 OROZCONLECHE

OROZCONLECHE

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

Yea I heard its the best thing you can do, I added some fish fertilizer to my tomato plant and it did the same thing

#51 Dazastar

Dazastar

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

Yea I heard its the best thing you can do, I added some fish fertilizer to my tomato plant and it did the same thing

Hey dude, did you get your trinnie seeds yet. If you dont see them in a day or so let me know and I'll re send em

#52 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Weeks 12, day 84. Well. The worm tea has really helped the height growth. Just look at them!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:59 AM

Week 13, day 91. Built a simple rack for hanging the lights. Upgraded the system to 6 lights. Plants are blooming furiously, but only one fuit has set. I assume it's because of overfertillizing on N. After feeding some Tiger Bloom, the flowers went from dropping a few specks of pollen to spraying a big cloud of pollen when vibrated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 OROZCONLECHE

OROZCONLECHE

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

I only have one of those exact same light fixtures and i am jelous of your plants im following them like if they were mine :cool: well i had one question, what kind of pot is that one right int he middle with some blue thing on it, its oddly shape and looks cool

#55 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

I only have one of those exact same light fixtures and i am jelous of your plants im following them like if they were mine :cool: well i had one question, what kind of pot is that one right int he middle with some blue thing on it, its oddly shape and looks cool

An Air-Pot. Fairly common around the forums. Its a pot with many holes on the sides. Promotes healthy root growth.

http://www.airpotgarden.com/

#56 OROZCONLECHE

OROZCONLECHE

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Never seen em heard of em and My God its Genius I want one, Where can i get em at, or is it possible to make one?

#57 scratchzilla

scratchzilla

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Shigs, what kind of air movement do you have going on in there? I don't see any fans in the pics, and noticed that all your vent flaps are closed, so how are you introducing fresh air?
Czech out my grow log

Nothin' But Love

#58 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Shigs, what kind of air movement do you have going on in there? I don't see any fans in the pics, and noticed that all your vent flaps are closed, so how are you introducing fresh air?

Is it necessary? My temps hang at 73-75. Do I need it for pollination? I can install a 6 inch fan in there, but I don't know if it's necessary.

#59 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

Hi Shigshwa
What type of cfl bulbs do you have in your tent? I have a cheapjack tent going in my cellar and have two droplights like yours inside with incadescent bulbs for light and heat. It's pretty steamy in there with two incadescents, and I wonder if I shouldn't switch to two cfl bulbs on top for light and one underneath for heat. It's a pretty consistant fifty degrees in my cellar.

The Hot Pepper... If self-immolation is your goal... we're here to help! :hell:

#60 shigshwa

shigshwa

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hi Shigshwa
What type of cfl bulbs do you have in your tent? I have a cheapjack tent going in my cellar and have two droplights like yours inside with incadescent bulbs for light and heat. It's pretty steamy in there with two incadescents, and I wonder if I shouldn't switch to two cfl bulbs on top for light and one underneath for heat. It's a pretty consistant fifty degrees in my cellar.

50 is pretty cold for any pepper growth of occur. I think switching to CFLS would be a better option, more light for the wattage. However, if your tent does not keep warm enough, then you probably need to leave the incandescents in there as well.

I have... 2 28W 5500K, 1 28W 6500K, and 3 42W 2700K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users