• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ghost pepper plants not setting fruit

I've got several ghost pepper plants,2 of which have been blooming(lots of blooms) for a couple of months now,but none of the blossoms are setting fruit,can someone shed some light of what may be wrong?

Thanx,

Cracker

I had 3 ghost peppers doing the same thing for several months as well. Started hitting them lighty with some mg bloom booster and added about a tablespoon of bone meal. Took about a month for it to kick in but now almost every flower is producing a pod! :woohoo:
This picture was taken a few days ago

100_2677.jpg

Nice looking peppers Romy6,I've been using a bloomer fertilizer with high phosphorous and getting plenty of blooms,but they just wither without setting any fruit.

Maybe try the opposite approach then. Don't give them any ferts for a month and I bet they will start podding. :beer:

I'll try that Romy6 and see if that helps.

AJ,It's still not too cold here in central Fla.I'm not sure how much pollen they're producing right now,I'll have to ask my bees :) ,I have 6 hives of bees within 20 yards of the plants.

not trying to be a smart ass here but I am sure you know no pollen, no fruit...check for pollen and even then if there is pollen, it may be sterile which means no fruit also...

surely you have had temperatures down in the 50s...just offering a thought..

No offense taken at all AJ,I'll check the blooms for pollen and see how that goes.We've only had 2 nights down below 50*F this Fall,but here again I know most other blooms better than I know peppers.Thanks for the advice! ;)

get some dolomite lime ffrom the local nursery, HD or Lowes. Spread a tablespoon per pot then water it in gently. Lackof / or low calcium will cause bloom drop and non fertilisaton of blooms.

Back