• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

GAS GAS GAS

So I was making some home mad hot sauce with a few scorpions (like 4) and I committed a sin when cocking it. My oldest (who should have been sleeping) asked me to come help her because she heard noises in her room. well I did that got her to lay back down and forgot about the sauce on the stove. well I smelt something burring and was like crap. when I went in the kitchen I had flash backs to being in the gas chamber in basic training because I started chocking and my nose was running and face was on fire. well I opened the house up to air it out the best I could before my wife came home. well it worked somewhat she started coughing as soon as she came in and asked what I did.

Hahaha.... my wife hates when i dry peppers in the oven.
I personally have come to love the smell.

So did the sauce bite the dust or could you salvage it?

I wish death to my husband when he cooks dries almost does anything with peppers. The worst is when I get to wash the pan he just made sauce in or just added to his food. I have to open windows turn on fans and if possible get out of the house.

Great story. I tryed to dry fataliis with a dehydrator in a bathroom with the door shut and a towel at the base of the door.. soon after my wife was cussing me out. the dogs were coughing and our gerbils were even looking at me like "wtf?? really dude?!" I dry them in the garage now. lol.

Brandon

LOL, TOOOOO Funny, reminds me of when I came home from a really good chamber day and forgot to take an air bath before going in the house. Next thing I know the wife and kids are wiping their eyes and noses are running. Did you finally get the All clear?

FYI, I have been religated to cooking sauce outside and that's fine with me the burner on the Grill does a better job anyways.

i just got home today from my favourite grocery store that has red scotch bonnets on sale - that is really rare in these parts to find s/b and on sale to boot.

wife looks at me as i walk through the door. "where have ya bin". "no where". "what'dya have". "nothing". "looks like somethin' from here". "okay, i picked up a few peppers". "can i see". "why, they are just peppers, you see them at the grocery store all the time!". "so, why are you hiding them behind your back?". "just easier to carry"."oh, really, well let me help you, so you can take your jacket off". "that's okay, i can manage fine". "let me see the peppers!".

so, i handed her my little 1.5lb bag of red bonnets. "what about the other hand?". huh?. pause. so, i hand her the other 1.5lb bag of long orange habaneros.

she just pointed to the garage without saying a word...... i know the routine! (they are targeted towards the dehydrator).

I was banned from any kind of processing (even stripping seeds) in the house 3 years ago...

first it was the kitchen, then the basement, this year i cooked my scorpion/bhut sauce outside on a hot plate... dehydrator now lives outside as well... woof woof.

My drying operation has been relocated to the garage too. When I have all three of my dehydrators going it makes it extremely painful just to walk through. The next step would be the pool house, but it's not all that bad…I still get to harvest the seeds from inside the house.

My wife goes shopping when i attempt to make any sauce or deseed.
I have my own utensils, looking at a hotplate right now. I'll probably end up in the horse barn before too long.
the chile fumes flashed off the pan I made stuffing in last thanksgiving when she was cleaning it. She lost her breath from coughing and was not amused. I felt really bad. I accidentally burned her mouth enough times that she is very skeptical for her safety. She has blistered from stuff that barely lasts more than a few minutes. for me.

don't get me wrong, my wife is VERY understanding.

Back