• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My New Collection Is Now Planted!

Thanks to Pshngo (John) Im Now Growing My Best collection of Plants,
From Left Ghost Pepper, Aji Lemon Drop, Sweet Banana, Trinidad S. B.T., 7 Pod yellow, Naga Morich, Dtil, Choc. Hab., 7 Pod Tonah, Douglah, Brain Strain. and I got More Varieties Outside
They are now set, after a trip to the 99¢ store and got what i could afford to start my seeds, besides some pots I got for my Tomato plants I got some seed starting kits and some soil, well now they are set and into the light they go, Wish me luck and Tips for better germination rate Thanks
2012-01-10202138.jpg

2012-01-10203423.jpg

i use a heat mat on my starter plants keeps the soil a nice temperature. that way you dont have to keep it hot in the house. they are pretty cheep to.

Well I have been trying to get one, but at the amount of money I get without a job, Im always short, I have to do a job here and there to get 20 bucks, luckly the lamp keeps the soil warm, and I dont mind having it inside the house, I always like to have em before and after i get out of bed, never forget to water them and like to wake up and see the seeds sprout out, besides plants make good companions xD Lmao

yeah...they have seed starting mats for about $20 online. I used an electric hand warmer in a pinch. Use a meat thermometer ($2) to ensure you keep them between 80 and 90. You can use a heat lamp too. If not cover them with plastic wrap and put them on top of the fridge or somewhere else warm.

Yea I also tryed the top of the fridge unfortunatelly its a new type of fridge and the Top stays cold, Im going to save up for a Heat mat, even thought 20 bucks might be a lil bit, I still got 50bucks ticket a month, 25 Dui Class, and No Job, Gata find one asap.

Yea I also tryed the top of the fridge unfortunatelly its a new type of fridge and the Top stays cold, Im going to save up for a Heat mat, even thought 20 bucks might be a lil bit, I still got 50bucks ticket a month, 25 Dui Class, and No Job, Gata find one asap.

I know what that is like bro! But I'm tellin ya if you can quickly scrap up the $ for the heat mat, it will GREATLY improve your germinating success rate! Use a seed flat and a plastic dome lid to lock in moisture! The seeds love it!!! Good luck!

Yea thanks didn't think about putting something ontop, ill find something or make something too keep the moisture, maybe ill recycle the cans we have or something like that and invest, maybe some old videogames... damn how come I didn't think of that sooner well starting tomorrow craigslist will have lots of things for sale

Thanks to Pshngo (John) Im Now Growing My Best collection of Plants,
From Left Ghost Pepper, Aji Lemon Drop, Sweet Banana, Trinidad S. B.T., 7 Pod yellow, Naga Morich, Dtil, Choc. Hab., 7 Pod Tonah, Douglah, Brain Strain. and I got More Varieties Outside
They are now set, after a trip to the 99¢ store and got what i could afford to start my seeds, besides some pots I got for my Tomato plants I got some seed starting kits and some soil, well now they are set and into the light they go, Wish me luck and Tips for better germination rate Thanks
No problem man, glad I could help. Hope you get a good germ rate. I was in your boat a couple years back "Hard times" .. I ate ramen for a week to pay for my seedling grow light, lol :sick:
Just to let you know all the seed that I sent had 90-100% germ rate

Great selection you have, since it is warming up here you can keep them outside in the afternoon or on a windowsill just don't forget to bring them in at night if you leave them outside. You could buy a used warming blanket dedicated for your seeds when I first started my seeds last year I got one for 5 dollars at a local garage sale worked great. Good luck through the season.

clear kitchen plastic wrap works great as a cover for them. If not, then some grocery or trash bags with rubber bands to hold them in place.

Hi mate , good luck with everything, i know were your coming from only a year ago i had the best job and made great money , till one night i was run down by a drunk driver and busted up my neck , now im unable to go back to work because the job i had working on aircraft needed me to have pysical health tests every 3 months , so yeh money can be tight and the thing is we all make do whith what we got ,so best of luck with this seasons grow mate.

Thanks Everyone, The Heat Mat is going as my next thing to get, Im going to try something to put ontop and yea maybe some plastic wrap, and thanks again john they as long as some sprout that would be perfect, besides i put 3 seeds per variety so I should get at least 1 plant per variety and sorry to hear that Sownseeds and thanks for the luck.

one more thing...the light you have in the photo will do some good as far as generating a little heat to help them germinate, but once they get up you need to put a florescent bulb in there. Preferably the brightest 6500 (daylight) one you can find to promote good growth.

Great idea on the cooler! I got an Omaha Steaks one in the basement right now that I may modify...

That sheeted stuff is handy too, if flimsy. I used it on my grow box I made in the basement. Cheap but effective!

Back