• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

What happens when...

With members expressing concern over deer and rabbits eating pepper leaves, blossoms, and peppers, I have a question, I don't have deer but some rabbits, if either of these critters would bite into a super-hot pepper, what would happen ? I googled and google video searched it and came up empty. I figure some here may have seen a deer or rabbit eating a super hot. I look forward to your replies.

Ghosty...

they eat leaves and plants, never heard of one eating fruit...and if they do, dont think you will have to worry about them repeating that mistake, hahaha. dont know of any mammals that are immune to heat from pepper oils. good luck!

If a rabbit or deer bit into a superhot they would not have a good time. I can't really imagine what it would look like but probably sheer panic. They wouldn't be near that plant again.

That's why I like to spray my plants with some superhot powder. That way if one of them gets hungry for some salad they better like it hot or go find a different buffet.

Last year a rabbit nibbled on my Santa Fe grandes. They're not a super hot but they have a little kick. He must've liked it though because he did it again and again. Also a deer ate all of my late season sweet jalapenos. They also have a bit of kick to them.

Last year a rabbit nibbled on my Santa Fe grandes. They're not a super hot but they have a little kick. He must've liked it though because he did it again and again. Also a deer ate all of my late season sweet jalapenos. They also have a bit of kick to them.

A 'bit of a kick' isn't going to scare off a deer or a rabbit. You have to nuke them :flamethrower: . If a child wouldn't break into tears after one bite then neither will a rabbit/deer. Also don't test on your kids.

Back