• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I Need Some Input Please

Basicly my plants have been very healthy but.....resently 2 issues have come about.
The first is a crinkling leave issue, at first I thought too much water so I backed off the watering with little or no results. I added some lime as per the instructions thinking I may have added to much peat moss to my soil mix. this was a couple days ago(I'm keeping an eye out for improvement) any input would be appreciated.
My next problem is on a 1.3 year old Red Datil, I have leaves dropping, the stems dry up at the ends and some leaf spotting I'm thinking the plant may be root bound but something else may be going on. I have 3 of these plants 1 is suffering the most, the other 2 showed signs but they dropped a bunch of leaves and seem to have bounced back, the other 2 have new leaves and lots of blossums, did add some lime and fertilizer to all 3 plants, again any input would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg
IMG_0108.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg

Heck, we all might take a look since your topic title is so general. Something relevant to Florida a maybe little harder to find.

If you think the Datil is rootbound, slip it out of the container and check the rootball. If it is, trim the plant and re-pot it. You can trim the top and the roots, the plant will likely thank you for it.

To me sounds scary adding lime directly to a plant, peat or no peat.

Sorry can't be more help--it's friggin cold here and warm there...a whole different set of issues--generally speaking.... :cool:

Heck, we all might take a look since your topic title is so general. Something relevant to Florida a maybe little harder to find.

If you think the Datil is rootbound, slip it out of the container and check the rootball. If it is, trim the plant and re-pot it. You can trim the top and the roots, the plant will likely thank you for it.

To me sounds scary adding lime directly to a plant, peat or no peat.

Sorry can't be more help--it's friggin cold here and warm there...a whole different set of issues--generally speaking.... :cool:
Thanks for help any suggestions are appreciated

i see the stuff in the first two pictures also

to complicate things it ain't easy for the others that have not experienced it to 'get it'{understand}

if i am seeing it proper you have some browning and dying of the growth tips in the first three pictures

second picture is more showing of the spots then yellowing and leaf drop

fourth pic is funny looking waviness of top growth?

best thing i can tell you is to try the sulphur,
copper and pyrethrums thing and see if it will help

i got some bourdeaux mix with copper sulfate and maybe it helps some

i am surprised more will not offer a guess even?

a friend near DC had this similar and is trying this stuff

http://merrifieldgardencenter.com/Products/Control-Products/Disease-Control/Bonide-Garden-Dust-Insecticide---Fungicide-RTU---1.aspx

good growing

The first three pics look just like a fungus that AJ is currently going through too. I have a tree/bush that does it every year. When the leaves fall off and land on a pepper plant it isn't long before the pepper plant starts showing signs of it. Afraid I don't know exactly what you can do for it. Google plant/leaf fungus and see what you can find. Plus like I said AJ has a thread in this forum with what I believe is the same problem and there may be answers in it for you.

The plant in the last pic looks like it's been too close to the sun. You might want to take a peek at the roots and see if they could use a trimming or a bigger pot to live in.

Sorry can't be more specific. Best of luck to you.

i see the stuff in the first two pictures also

to complicate things it ain't easy for the others that have not experienced it to 'get it'{understand}

if i am seeing it proper you have some browning and dying of the growth tips in the first three pictures

second picture is more showing of the spots then yellowing and leaf drop

fourth pic is funny looking waviness of top growth?

best thing i can tell you is to try the sulphur,
copper and pyrethrums thing and see if it will help

i got some bourdeaux mix with copper sulfate and maybe it helps some

i am surprised more will not offer a guess even?

a friend near DC had this similar and is trying this stuff

http://merrifieldgar...de-RTU---1.aspx

I bought Fungicide to use on the plant with the leaf spotting and drying tips, I'm hesitant cause its toxic guess I have no choice. The crinkling is what has me wondering its only on a few plants of varying sizes.
The first three pics look just like a fungus that AJ is currently going through too. I have a tree/bush that does it every year. When the leaves fall off and land on a pepper plant it isn't long before the pepper plant starts showing signs of it. Afraid I don't know exactly what you can do for it. Google plant/leaf fungus and see what you can find. Plus like I said AJ has a thread in this forum with what I believe is the same problem and there may be answers in it for you.

The plant in the last pic looks like it's been too close to the sun. You might want to take a peek at the roots and see if they could use a trimming or a bigger pot to live in.

Sorry can't be more specific. Best of luck to you.

Thanks I just checked my Banyon Tree which is about 30 feet from the back porch, leaf spots on its foliage I'm wondering if the wind carries it.
I agree with checking your roots.
How much do you fertilize your plants? Too much food is bad for our babies.
I am having a few I put too much ferts on and it's lookin like the crinkly leaf one... Douche it out...
I'm still leaning toward peat moss I just read you have to add lime when using Peat in your mix, I'm gonna pull one clean it off trim the roots and plant and use straight potting soil tah see what happens.

Thanks For The Input Its given me some real good ideas!!!!

Back