• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What's my best choice?

I never grew peppers before, actually I never grew anything before (without killing it).
I wanted to know before learning how to grow my peppers, what kind is for me?
My plans are basically hot sauce, chili and selling seeds (if possible).

A few names I found and researched:

Bih Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia
Naga Morich
(from what I understand, it's the same species, just affected by different climates)
Trinidad Scorpion
7 Pot
Red Savina

Am I at the right direction?

You're on the right track if you are looking for the hottest of the hots. I'd add Fatalii and chocolate habs to the list too.

maybe datil & tepin to...but first lol do you ever taste a naga trini,7pod ect .. ?? cause those kind of pepper are not hot ...they are nuclear :hell: taste befor if you dont :P

I do enjoy hot food.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that can eat hot food with ease.
I feel the burn, I want to scream, I get all sweaty, and I like it! :hell:

And yes, I never tried those before.
I think I'll try one of the Jolokia first.

BTW, are the chocolate Habaneros the hottest of all Habaneros?

There are many types of chocolate hab. Most of the ones I've tried are hotter than the Red Savina but not as hot as the Nagas and Scorpions.

For chili I like to use milder mexican varieties like chilacas, Poblanos, Cascabels, Guajillos, Mulatos etc. I like using some smoked puriras and/or jalapenos too for a good hot smokey flavor.

For sauce making I would recommend some kind of rocoto, too (capsicum pubescens) To me they are some of the hottest...

Pc-1's are also great and are some the easiest most prolific that I grow..AND they are very tasty (more fruity flavor tham habs to me) AND HOTT..Fatalii is also grat as POTAWIE pointed out..Don't be afraid to stray away from the most popular, some of my favorites are obscure seeds I bought and just tried...my two cents

I guess I will grow PC-1 eventually, but I'm more interested in Fatalii and Caribbean Habanero, and first Naga Morich.
Also I want some Jalapenos, but that's for grilling. :(

Ahh bro, I could've sent some Caribbean habaneros seeds along with the nagas I sent you!!!:?::(

Ohh well, I tell you what, if the seeds don't get confiscated then I'll send you some of my Caribbeans.

Pepp3rFreak said:
Ahh bro, I could've sent some Caribbean habaneros seeds along with the nagas I sent you!!!:(:(

Ohh well, I tell you what, if the seeds don't get confiscated then I'll send you some of my Caribbeans.
What's with the long face? you already did a lot, and thanks BTW. :?:
It's just simple as saying "Pepp3rFreak is awesome!". :?:
I'm going get the meanest pepper collection, EVER!!!
It's going to be so vast, that in order for me to have the room, I'll have to sleep with pepper pot in my bed!

(BTW if I'll got something rare, I'll send you some)

Back