• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Function of Elements in Plant Health

ELEMENTS FUNCTIONS
Boron (B) Stimulates cell division, flower formation and pollination
Calcium (Ca) Raises soil pH; promotes root hair formation and early growth
Chlorine (Cl) Needed for photosynthesis; stimulates root growth and aids water circulation in plants
Cobalt (Co) Improves growth, water circulation, and photosynthesis
Copper (Cu) Stimulates stem development and pigment formation
Iron (Fe) Stimulates the formation of chlorophyll and helps oxidize sugar for energy; also necessary for legume nitrogen fixation. It regulates the respiration of the plant's cells.
Magnesium (Mg) Aids in chlorophyll formation and energy metabolism; it increases oil production in flax and soy beans; helps regulate uptake of other elements. It also promotes healthy, disease-resistant plants. It is generally available in acidic soils.
Manganese (Mn) Necessary for the formation of chlorophyll
Molybdenum (Mo) Needed for nitrogen fixation and nitrogen use in the plant; stimulates plant growth and vigor much like nitrogen
Nitrogen (N) Necessary for chlorophyll and genetic material (DNA & RNA) formation; stimulates green, leafy growth
Phosphorous (P) Necessary for genetic material (DNA & RNA) formation; stimulates fruit, flower and root production, and early season growth; increases disease resistance
Potassium (K) Associated with movement of water, nutrients, and carbohydrates in plant tissue. Stimulates early growth. Helps in the building of protein, photosynthesis, fruit quality and reduction of diseases.
Silicon (Si) Increases number of seeds; strengthens cell walls of plants
Sodium (Na) Increases resistance to drought; increases sugar content in some crops
Sulfur (S) Aids in formation of certain oil compounds that give specific odors to some plants such as onions, garlic, mustard, etc; increases oil production in flax and soy beans
Zinc (Z) Stimulates stem growth and flower bud formation

Thanks for this pp83.

The issue with using vitamins is if the element is in a form the plant can take in and use. Sounds like a PhD thesis.

Hell, sometimes vitamins aren't in a form even we can readily use...

However, something that might be fun to play around with: for a while I was taking a supplement made entirely of plant products (it was also organic and "green" and all those lovely marketing buzzwords- I had a coupon for GNC, figured, why not?), if anything would work I imagine that'd be a good place to start.

(I don't remember the name of it, I just went in and asked if they had anything for a vegetarian diet, and they pointed me to that)

Apparently I still have it, Raw Green Multi... expired last month. No idea what sort of dose rate would be appropriate though...

:think:

IMGP3524.jpg

I use 1tablet of centrum and pounded it to powder and dissolve it in 1galon water..i even.tried my dietary supplement from gnc...i used two plants for experiment...i dunno if those things helped my root ball for.my plants because I transplanted them last week..and the root balls age is from march.15 to april 26...i posted it on my glog the pics of the rootball

Back