• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Lotties Traditional Barbados Yellow

Any other fans of Lotties Yellow? It is definitely one of my favorite sauces. Granted it isn't your traditional hot sauce, as it has a mustard base, but it is delicious. It is made with Scotch Bonnet peppers, and goes well on just about everything. It starts out with kind of a sweet taste, and then you feel the heat come on. It isn't overpowering as far as heat goes, but still has a bit of a kick.

Goes great with Nathan's hot dogs, straight off the grill with just a little dill relish mixed in for good measure.

I actually had a guy recommend this to me when I was at BoomLand outside of Paducah, KY. Based on his recommendation, I bought a bottle to try out on our way to Topsail Island, NC that year... Then we stopped on the way back home so that I could buy two more bottles of it. This stuff is simply amazing. I love it.

Ingredients are: Scotch Bonnet Peppers, Mustard, Vinegar, Onions, Sugar, Salt and Garlic.

571_1337_large.jpg

I am a huge fan of Bajan Pepper Sauce, like Lottie's. I used to travel regularly to Barbados, and was first introduced to my beloved pepper sauce at the Chefette restaurants, where they apparently put it on absolutely everything! I love it!

Does anyone have a recipe for this type of sauce?

<a name="sauce">HOT PEPPER SAUCE- Barbadians spread hot pepper sauce on just about everything they eat. Most caribbean people are lovers of spicy food and hot pepper sauce makes everything even spicier. Beware !

• INGREDIENTS
    • 4 ozs. eschalot
    • &frac34; lb. onion
    • &frac12; oz. tumeric
    • &frac12; oz. powdered mustard
    • &frac12; oz. salt
    • 20 bonnie peppers ( small hot variety)
    • &frac14; lb. horseradish (grated)
    • 6 cloves garlic
    • White vinegar

• METHOD
    • Mix all ingredients together in blender or food processor.
      Add vinegar until the desired consistency is obtained.
      Place in bottles and leave for 3-4 days before using .

I just recently picked up some of the Lottie's Red Sauce. Slightly hotter than the yellow, with a more traditional hot sauce taste [as it isn't mustard flavored]... Very good stuff.

The yellow is also one of my favorite sauces.

I am not sure if you are the proprietor of HBD, or if you are just a fan, but I recently bought the HBD 1841, and it is definitely one of my new favorite sauces. It is fantastic.

It is right up there with the Lotties yellow. :)

Love the Lotties.... also another brand called Inner Beauty. I also love Barbados and have fond memories of my trips there. Sadly no longer in my budget.

Back