• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Have I killed my seeds

Hi,
Germinating in a small greenhouse. I put the seeds in about a week ago. However today ive just got a wireless soil monitor. The temps right now are 40.0° C which for Americans is 104° F

My guess is the soil temp has maybe been upto 45° C / 113° F some days in the last week.. Have I killed my seeds ?

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Reading your post it's very possible. Germination temps are best for chili seeds between 80-85 degrees F. However, I've read stories of seeds germinating around 110-120 degrees F. BUT IT'S NOT RECOMMENDED. So dont give up hope, reduce temp to 80-85 and germinate more seeds just in case! Good luck! [/background]

Give them three more weeks, you may be pleasantly surprised. I've hit 100 degrees with a batch of seeds, and they did alright.

Mine's germinating at 30 degrees C. First seed (bishop's crown) showed its first root @ the third day. The rest is still sleeping. So i still need to wait 3 more weeks hmm.I hope our seeds a bit grow faster.

I have germinated many seeds with outside temps over a 100 degrees, but you need to remember at night the temps dropped to 80 degrees. A constant 100 plus degre temp is not good germination.

Good luck

NWAei.jpg

Back