• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Where do you guys get baggies without being accused of being a drug dealer?

As someone with a rapidly expanding seedbank I need bags to keep them in. I went to a "tobacco" shop the other day and asked if they had baggies because that's what the one's i see on here look like. They refused to sell me any looking at me like I was some sort of crazy thug. Anyone have advice?

Baggies, I wouldn't know, but if you happen to have some old prescription bottles you're no longer using, or some of the small 35mm film holders (prior to everybody and their brother switching to digital), thoswe work well, and my mom swears by them for holding all of her seeds. Waterproof, childproof, and by virtue of the fact they're quasi clear, you can see how much you have, at least for the prescription bottles :P

hahahaha! they wouldnt sell them to you? thats crazy as hell.

go to michaels or some kind of craft store. thats where i get mine

I found mine at various Dollar Stores, usually in around all the girly beads and sparkle craft stuff.

But , yeah, it does make you feel like a meth dealer buying them. Just buy a few other things at the same time. Bag of chocolate almonds, nail clippers, laser pointer to annoy the cat. Its all good. No strange looks from the Vietnamese woman at the cash.

:dance:

I found mine at various Dollar Stores, usually in around all the girly beads and sparkle craft stuff.

But , yeah, it does make you feel like a meth dealer buying them.

It's funny how often my pepper growing hobby has gotten me weird looks. The baggies, the indoor grow lights... apparently we have a lot in common with people who grow **ahem** less legal plants. :confused:

I get them from my dealer. :dance:

lol

ive get them at tobacco shop's no problem, last time i went that lady didn't know what i was talking about, i was like yea baggies, she's like "what" what u see is what we got, them like, yea those behind you lol.

It's funny how often my pepper growing hobby has gotten me weird looks. The baggies, the indoor grow lights... apparently we have a lot in common with people who grow **ahem** less legal plants. :confused:

LOLZ.......stopped into a local hydrogrow supply shop awhile back (they are popping up everywhere here in MI with our medical pot law) to buy some liquid seaweed nute concoction. Let's just say that it was a rather unique experience observing some of the other "shoppers" that day, several operating in a different level of consciousness than me. At checkout, I felt compelled to blather something about just using the stuff for growing hot peppers and received a rather stoic stare of total indifference from the guy behind the counter.

Oh yea, baggies - Michaels and Wallys with no questions asked.

You think you get funny looks for buying baggies, try walking into your local pharmacy and asking to buy a half dozen needles.

Luckily, my small town drug stor pharmacist is a cool dude and knows I will actually use them for what I said...injecting liquid capsaicin into small bottles.

Oh, and to the original poster....generic snack-sized lunch bags will work...or for when you're really big time, or want a different size....U-line.

Back