Organic Growing Sub-forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know... could open the floodgates and where do you draw the line? Organics, Hydroponics, Aeroponics, Aquaponics, Phonicponics........

But just an idea.

You answered your own question :D

Best thing I can do is add some preset tags, so when you go to tag your post you can select from some... and then later, people can sort by these tags. So if people start doing it, it's like sub-forums, almost. In other words if the tags are already there more people are apt to use them and also they will be uniform so all Organic tags would go to those posts, and not ones people hand type in and add something after the word organic, etc. PS. I will fix it so at least 1 tag is mandatory so they will have to select an appropriate one.

What preset tags would you like? (For the Growing Hot Peppers section, and not just for organic, in general.)

Organic
Pesticides
Soil

etc. etc.

Please try to keep them concentrated. Thanks

:think:

I like it! (I think... :lol:)

Kinda like a "show only [tag]" thing? And the option of still viewing "all" would still be there, right? (The theory of such actually sounds better to me than sub-forums.)

I think concentrating the tags might be a bit of a toughy though and may cause some disagreement... different opinions and all. *Personally* I think they should be something very broad like growing method (such as Organic, Hydroponics, Aeroponics, General Growing, etc) without going into subsets (such as Pesticides, Soils, etc) so as to keep it simple and as least complicated as possible. And as far as subsets go anyway, it's easy enough just to do a simple search for them. I dunno though, I'm easy... just as long as it does make sense and isn't complicated!

Thanks, boss!

What does everybody else think?

I LIKE IT!
Think about it... Soil is different, Nutrients are different, Pesticides are different, so it makes sense.
The best part is, It will prevent people from getting in to arguments about
Organic VS MiracleSlow... :P i mean grow.

I also Think it will inspire more people to go green. It would also be cool to have that question asked in your Profile
Instead of "chili, with beans or with out?" it could be "Organic or XXXX?"

Here is a video that you fellow organic lovers will enjoy thoroughly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXGqJbFZzCo&feature=related

I'll revisit the idea in a few weeks. The software is not ready to require a tag yet. When it is it should help organize this and possibly other forums.

lol I say leave THP like it is. Not enough traffic for sub forums. Keep it simple. I've had to restructure grow forums before, but out of necessity. Once we hit the 200,000 member mark a few years back it became ridiculous. You'd never see your thread at the top with everyone posting. Especially with the whole monsanto info getting out, the organic sections and interests blew up! Trust me, if anyone loves organic sub forums it is I, but we just aren't there yet with the pepper scene unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back