•  

Photo

Santa Rita Hills CA, Going to the market!

Market thai jalapeno cayenne bell

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jamesknouse

jamesknouse

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

So I am pretty new to this all. Last year I grew about 100 total pepper plants in my backyard and it went well enough. Fatalli, Ghosts, NuMex Twilights, Orange Habs, and a few others. I sold them to friends and family as well as pickled lots and sold them to the co-workers which was a hit.

This year about two weeks ago I was given about two acres to plant on. Not knowing if I will ever have this chance again I planted some peppers. Here is what I have so far.

150 Jalapeños, 75 Cayenne Peppers, 75 Thai Peppers, 150 Early Jalapeños, 213 Fresnos, and 213 Pablanos. All planted 6/1

I also have 40 Tabasco, 40 New Mex Eclipse/Sunrise/Sunset, 40 Passilla, 40 Piñata
10 Ghost, 12 White Habaneros, 2 Black Habanero, 20 Scotch Bonnet, 10 Fatalli, 12 New Mex Twilight, 5 Birds Eye, 10 Malato ( I seriously have a hard time with the name), 10 Tawny Port, 10 Aji Lemon, 12 Christmas Bells, 30 Orange Bells, 13 Chili Arboles, 6 Naganeros, 15 Vaqueros, 5 Manzanna.

1 Trinidad Scorpion.

I know I am leaving some off but its a start.

I am looking for a chart to reference and get a rough estimate of the average yield per plant. Anyone know of anything?

I am keeping a log tracking all my growing.

If all goes well I will be selling in the local farmers market and online. My goal is to get me a greenhouse by xmas.

Ideas? Questions? Opinions dare I ask?

#2 jamesknouse

jamesknouse

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Bunch of Fresnos started poking their heads up. I will start posting pictures tonight.

#3 slashroot

slashroot

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

I dunno if such charts exist. There are so many factors that would play a role when it comes to yield. I guess your best bet is making yourself a chart that applies to your specific growing conditions.

You sure got an amazing amount of plants going, wish I had that same opportunity!

#4 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Good luck with your two acres, James. Can't wait to see how your grow develops.

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#5 emon069

emon069

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • aka:E mon,E house, Big E

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Damn James, what a slice of luck you got there man!! Keep us updated please. Thats alot of area and plants.

#6 Mezo

Mezo

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • aka:Mez or Mezo

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

My goal is to get me a greenhouse by xmas. Ideas?

Make a hoop house out PVC conduit, lots of "how to" movies on YouTube.

Looking forward to them pics of your plot of growing land.

Mezo.
A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion. www.photobucket.com/hotpepper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Market, thai, jalapeno, cayenne, bell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests