• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Brain Strain VS Moruga Scorpion

Ok, so surfing Youtube, I come across Ted The Idiot's channel and find a Moruga Scorpion video. He is claiming the Moruga is actually the Brain Strain, just someone decided to change the name, true? False? Whats your opinion? If I had pods on both plants I could do a visual compairison but they are both in the flower stage right now.

Ted's Video where he claims they are the same thing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2CPqX9e7go&feature=relmfu

Funny, the subject of brain strains versus moruga's comes up. I have had small samples of both
I like the brain strain taste better than moruga, but the heat difference for the moruga is significant.
A lot less moruga goes a long way in heat. Anyone who eats a whole moruga (or two like ItBurns has)
has a high pain tolerance, much higher than mine.

Ghosty...

Already determined they are different peppers. I don't know why people keep claiming they KNOW when they have never grown them...

I'm growing both and they have very different growth habits, and leaf shape. Not to mention heat level and taste.

It is like saying a snickers and milky way are the same, because they both are chocolate.

(Matt) Once you cut em open and taste and you will be preaching the good word.

Also, I find it funny that this was never such a hot topic until Jim Duffy came around. And everyone knows Jim's little "idiot" lackie. Even with the fallout.

Back