• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests BUG ID?

hey everybody. well it looks like the bugs have finally arrived in my garden.. i was lucky and was nearly bug free for about a year.

but now....

I think these are aphids, but im not sure.. can sombody please help me to ID? I have not been able to find anything that looks exactly like this on the interwebs, but my research says in could be aphids..

IMAG0176.jpg

i think the damage to the leaves in this pic is from these critters.. am I correct or is this another problem?
IMAG0177.jpg

i have lady bugs on the way.. should arrive today or tomorrow.. should i spray these plants with a soap solution, or organocice eventhough i have the ladies on the way? or should i wait till the lady bugs arrive and just let them do their thing?

hey everybody. well it looks like the bugs have finally arrived in my garden.. i was lucky and was nearly bug free for about a year.

but now....

I think these are aphids, but im not sure.. can sombody please help me to ID? I have not been able to find anything that looks exactly like this on the interwebs, but my research says in could be aphids..

IMAG0176.jpg

i think the damage to the leaves in this pic is from these critters.. am I correct or is this another problem?
IMAG0177.jpg

i have lady bugs on the way.. should arrive today or tomorrow.. should i spray these plants with a soap solution, or organocice eventhough i have the ladies on the way? or should i wait till the lady bugs arrive and just let them do their thing?

I'd wait on the ladies if I were you. Aphids won't make or break your peppers. If they are left on there for a long period of time and not controlled then yes, but most peppers can take aphid damage just fine. The lady bugs will tear through them if they stay...

Looks possibly like you may have some whiteflies as well? Not sure that may be aphid larvae, but I think those are more of a green color. If it is whiteflies they are much tougher to control. I say that because I am dealing with them this year and they are a PAIN.

Back