• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Orange Habanero and Mango Sauce

My first attempt at making a sauce last night....

This recipe was a doctored just a bit, I added more peppers, the mango and some creole mustard. I only took pics of the finished boil and then in bottles.....

3 large carrots (chopped)
1 medium sized red onion
6 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of water
1 1/2 cups of white vinegar
1/4 cup of fresh lime juice (used fresh limes)
1 tablespoon of kosher salt
1 tablespoon of fresh ground black pepper
10-12 orange habanero peppers (seeds and stems removed)

My changes/additions:
25 Orange Habs
2 Jalapeno Peppers
2 Green Tai Chili's
1/4 cup Creole Mustard
3 medium sized Mango's chopped
All peppers were just added with seeds

The sauce took the added changes with no problem. Just had some extra water added for a thinner finish. The sweet from the mango's followed by a nice burn from the peppers was nice. Still could use a little more tweaking, but a good overall start i think. Feeling the effects this morning after downing chips loaded with this last night!

My first attempt at making a sauce last night....

This recipe was a doctored just a bit, I added more peppers, the mango and some creole mustard. I only took pics of the finished boil and then in bottles.....

3 large carrots (chopped)
1 medium sized red onion
6 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of water
1 1/2 cups of white vinegar
1/4 cup of fresh lime juice (used fresh limes)
1 tablespoon of kosher salt
1 tablespoon of fresh ground black pepper
10-12 orange habanero peppers (seeds and stems removed)

My changes/additions:
25 Orange Habs
2 Jalapeno Peppers
2 Green Tai Chili's
1/4 cup Creole Mustard
3 medium sized Mango's chopped
All peppers were just added with seeds

The sauce took the added changes with no problem. Just had some extra water added for a thinner finish. The sweet from the mango's followed by a nice burn from the peppers was nice. Still could use a little more tweaking, but a good overall start i think. Feeling the effects this morning after downing chips loaded with this last night!

i had a very similiar sauce to this in Tortola in the british virgin islands.. it was really good with grilled fish.. they used fresh mangos and cilantro..

bee2bb17.jpg

Back