• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Which of these Bacterial Leaf Spot treatments should I use first, second ...

Let's skip the "Are you sure you have it?" part this time, because that part is certain ... and TS Debbie's week-long, wind-driven rain was pretty much the worst case scenario ... I'm pretty sure if my plants were crammed together on the ground, the situation would have been devastating ... as it is, it spread a little bit more down the line of planters each consecutive day ...

I stumped a bunch of stuff which has started new growth over the past week of hot, sunny days and I want to begin prophylaxis for the rest of the summer, because it's about to start getting wet again, and it's only going to be something that there's more and more of for the next 2-3 months ...

I've obtained some Bonide products ... the citrus, fruit, and nut orchard spray which is 10% sulphur and 1/4% pyrethrins ... as well as some liquid copper fungicide concentrate which is 10% copper octanoate ... and some 17.5% and 35% food grade H2O2 ... and I've got some bayer aspirin around too, if you are recommending that sort of thing ...

I've seen posts recommended each of these things in various places, but I'm curious if someone with more experience with BLS could suggest perhaps using one of them in particular, or one then the other w/ some specified period of time between etc ...

Totally looking for some opinions from more knowledgeable folks while I wait a couple more hours for sundown ...

Thanks in advance for any input, it's greatly appreciated ...

gm

UPDATE - went w/ the citrus, fruit, and nut orchard spray this evening ... mostly because all i had to do was attach the hose ... will have to figure out how to use the little sprayer do-hicky before i use the copper ...

IMG_2708.jpg

Be careful with the sulfur as it becomes phytotoxic at temps above 80-85F. Would not be my first choice in the heat of summer.

hey grant, how did this work out for you? i have bac spot now too after the storm on a bunch of seedlings.. i just hit em with some copper.. no results as of yet.. my plants that have it look like they are on deaths door..

hey grant, how did this work out for you? i have bac spot now too after the storm on a bunch of seedlings.. i just hit em with some copper.. no results as of yet.. my plants that have it look like they are on deaths door..

i've now done a lot of research and even called up the old stomping ground (UF) and it's really a PITA to deal w/ ...

there's only one real solution, and it's not geared at hobbyists ... check AgriPhage to see how it can be handled, but it's a custom application ...

i don't feel like the sulphur was effective, but i do think the copper slows things down ...

getting rid of every single leaf with it def helps, which in some cases was every leaf for me ...

i think i believe in the whole aact concept that's being put forth, and i recently read pepper-guru's entire glog ... having had much success w/ composted oak leaves in the past, i'll likely trend towards something along these lines going forward ... i already use myco, but i'm planning to see what i'm lacking in supplies to start brewing asap ...

good luck, it's no fun ...

i've now done a lot of research and even called up the old stomping ground (UF) and it's really a PITA to deal w/ ...

there's only one real solution, and it's not geared at hobbyists ... check AgriPhage to see how it can be handled, but it's a custom application ...

i don't feel like the sulphur was effective, but i do think the copper slows things down ...

getting rid of every single leaf with it def helps, which in some cases was every leaf for me ...

i think i believe in the whole aact concept that's being put forth, and i recently read pepper-guru's entire glog ... having had much success w/ composted oak leaves in the past, i'll likely trend towards something along these lines going forward ... i already use myco, but i'm planning to see what i'm lacking in supplies to start brewing asap ...

good luck, it's no fun ...

thanks for the answer.. i have a 24 datil seedlings... i may just burn the worst ones.. not all of em have it. and ill seperate and treat the ones that seem to not be too bad off.. i think if i go that route i ll end up with around 18 ish plants and about 6 with bac spot.. ill post up how they do..

thanks for the answer.. i have a 24 datil seedlings... i may just burn the worst ones.. not all of em have it. and ill seperate and treat the ones that seem to not be too bad off.. i think if i go that route i ll end up with around 18 ish plants and about 6 with bac spot.. ill post up how they do..

I'm winning the battle, albeit very slowly ... plants are setting pods again ...

we've got a terrible climate for it worsening, however, we've got a great climate for still having time to get through to finished pods!

Back