• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Burpee 'Sweet Heat Hybrid'

Looking for opinions on 'Sweet Heat Hybrid'

I obtained plants as a Lowe's garden center clearance. They were small plants I could easily add to my container grow.The plant promo info. Is interesting
http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/peppers/hot-peppers/pepper-hot-sweet-heat-hybrid-prod002735.html
I am also growing a cowhorn along side as a ‘not so hot’ comparison. (a while to go for ripe Cowhorn pods.

This morning I sampled my first red ripe Burpee Sweet Heat Hybrid.
The first taste was impressive, very moist and sweet but still crisp.
NO heat at all but this was only a small pod and I separated the placenta and a few seeds.
Judged as a sweet red pepper I say = outstanding.
The placenta was nice and spicy, about average jalapeno heat but no aftertaste.
Plants are bushy and vigorous, set a lot of pods for their small size, are the easiest peppers to grow. Critters have avoided them to munch on my superhots (particularly my 7 pot…?..).

the sweet heat is everywhere here, in all the nurseries. i have been debating on whether to purchase a plant, guess it could be "the wife's pepper". they wanted $6.99 a plant and that price just doesn't compute in my head. they did lower the price to $3.99 as the season for the temporary nurseries closes but still 4 bucks ain't computing. maybe clearance for $1 and they will have a sale.

as an alternative, for myself(or should i say wifey), peppermania included a package of chiero recife which may deliver something similar to the sweet heat.

Back