• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What pepper is this?

Hi all, new here, been growing my own veggies on and off for years, but this year the wife and i decided to get serious about is, so i built above ground beds, filled em with my own organic compost, and started planting. Some seeds, some plants from lowes. a good variety of maters and squash and eggplant, cucumbers and okra, and peppers(bell, banana, mammoth jalapeno, and what the label-stake indicates to have been cayenne.)

My question is that i have grown cayenne in the past and they looked a lot different than these, im thinking these were labeled wrong. Dont get me wrong, i will use them no matter what, but i wonder if you're collective minds could tell me what these are?

Thats what i thought, but the only variety im currently growing is mammoth, so i didnt have any to compare to. Thanks!

did it say mammoth on the tag
if so its a mammoth Jalapeno

From lowes i purchased a plant tagged as "Mammoth Jalapeno" as well as a plant tagged "Cayenne."

It appears from this post that i was duped, and the cayenne is actually common jalapeno!

The mammoths are as described however, large and flavorful, no complaints there!

Back