• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ginger-Mango Habanero Ice Cream

So I couldn't fall asleep, and I did what any normal person would do... I made ice cream. I'd been wanting to make a spicy ice cream for a while now, but I got pretty sick last week so it was put on hold. I must say it turned out rather nice. When you take a bite there's tiny orange pieces in the bite, and its a surprise if you're going to munch into a piece of hab or mango... I wanted to put saffron in it, pretty much for the color, but I forgot.
424215_10100509130894729_1145134247_n.jpg

The ice cream got a little melty before I could take a decent picture of it, but here's the melty shot
527068_10100509133130249_349519532_n.jpg

I'll try to get you guys a better picture of the final product when its not nearing 2 am.
In the future I'd like to use a more citrus tasting pepper for ice cream, but I am new to the chili world and habs are the best I can get here. I've read good things about fatalii and datil, if anyone has any ice cream requests, I'll think about them for the future.

As much as I am not a fan of Habs.... that sounds goooooooood! Love the shots too, BTW! :cool:

Fatalii would be awesome for sure!

Back