welcome chili cookers

been looking over the forms and see a cpl of chili cooks i know blackgold and i don't think i ever meet last stand chili but we all got red gravy running thru our veins.....good to see yall

bubba out

Bubba...I have not quite perfected the taste I am looking for yet so I have not started cooking competitively. I will have to puree all the stuff I put in my chili...I like to use only fresh ingredients and supply the chili powders from peppers I have grown myself. Just makes me feel like I have accomplished something. Another thing that will hurt me is I use Italian Sausage, Chorizzo, Ground Pork, and Chili Grind Round for mine. I suppose if it has only sauce and meat that is the requirement. I don;'t think CASI says you have to use beef do they?

bubbaschili said:
meat gravy no fillers... the full rules are available at www.chili.org

I kinda know the rules Bubba...several of my friends here cook in CASI...matter of fact, Dee Palmer placed 2nd overall in chili 2 or 3 years ago. I have been to Terlingua twice as a spectator and had a rather large time both years. Whiskey Flats Rocks...

I have talked to them and found out the way to make my chili the way I like to make it...I will take all my ingredients other than the meat and put them in my 3/4 HP cuisenart food processor and puree it before I cook....no floaters that way but I will be able to use fresh onion, fresh tomatos, heck...fresh everything....

sorry bout that jack...didn't mean in anyway you didn't know...was just trying to help.

to me taking everything fresh and puttin the spurs to em sounds super great and i would love to try it...fun thing about cookin chili is trying to find out what 12 different people want and making them happy.

Pam said:
You never come out and play anymore.

*~pout~*

i stop in usualy every day....i have a major brown thumb and cant grow plants at gunpoint. so most of the time i just wait around until someone says something about chili......or hot wings....looooooooooove hot wings.

gonna be cooking in south carolina in a cpl of months.

bubbaschili said:
sorry bout that jack...didn't mean in anyway you didn't know...was just trying to help.

to me taking everything fresh and puttin the spurs to em sounds super great and i would love to try it...fun thing about cookin chili is trying to find out what 12 different people want and making them happy.

I understand Bubba....didn't take offense at all...

you may get 12 this people that like it hot with a lot of aftertaste, then next week no one wants that much aftertaste...

What is the judging criteria...aroma, color, texture, taste, after taste...that means a well rounded chili...

Keep on cookin' that chili Bubba....its all good...

Hey Bama, the young lady who won At whiskey flats in 06, Dana Plocheck (spelling?) used ground meat. So that proves that the ground meat gang like youand I have a shot.

I say get out there and compete before you get exactly what you think you want. You will get a huge amount of feedback and might be able to hone your recipe quicker.

Hey Bubs!!! Hope all is well! I have been busier than the perverbial one legged man in the booty kickin contest so have not been able to carve out much time for competing. I WILL be in G-boro in May, but that is the only one I can say with any surity.

chiliman said:
Hey Bama, the young lady who won At whiskey flats in 06, Dana Plocheck (spelling?) used ground meat. So that proves that the ground meat gang like youand I have a shot.

I say get out there and compete before you get exactly what you think you want. You will get a huge amount of feedback and might be able to hone your recipe quicker.

The word among my CASI friends is that more and more ground meat is winning.

If I were not in this band I am, I would probably be already cooking...but with working a full time job and playing between 90 and 100 gigs a year, time is kinda precious. I am planning on having somewhere around 200 pepper plants this year and if I give them the TLC they deserve, I will almost be on a negative time scale...:lol: I reckon I can cut back on my sleep......

Back