• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Dern Good Dirty Hippy Cookin'

Good day all!

I was about to post this in the DC thread, but upon reviewing my pics of the feast, I realized I didn't take a single booze shot! I ain't one to break rules, so I reviewed my dish to decide where this would be better suited... There were no other places.

So I am making this. If it catches on, good deal, if it falls to the wind as many others before it... Then screw you all!!!

Hehe, just kidding on the screw you all comment...

I, by default am often forced in cooking meatless "hippy" dishes if ya will. But I love it. And overall its much better for you. So I know some of you are on diets, or just making healthier choices, so post away, or seriously, screw you ;)

The dish must not contain MEAT. No seafood, chicken, beef or pork. If it crawls, swims or breathes, it ain't for a hippy.

Cheese and milk in my opinion are all good in the hood though.

Havin a girl that does not eat meat, sometimes I do what I gotta do. So I have been craving something curry. Anything curry. I have never cooked a thing with curry, or any other ingredient used last night.

Being my first dish of the sort it came out damn fine. MY GIRLFRIEND TOLD ME SO :P

Just some of the ingredients. Curry powder, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, tumeric, tomato paste, coconut milk, vegetable stock, salt and pepper.
2012-09-14201756.jpg

Lots of delicious fresh veggies from the Fresh Market. Onion, garlic, ginger, zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots doin their thing in the ring.
2012-09-14200211.jpg

2012-09-14203425.jpg

After simmering for 45 minutes I served it over brown rice, and OOH MY LORT WAS IT GOOD AND SPICEY :hot:

2012-09-14211546.jpg

Lord have mercy!

You've saved me the embarrassment, ridicule, and harassment of starting this thread which I have been internally debating for almost a month.

I've been rollin' and tumblin' all up in my mind just how to do it and I reckon you done nailed it.

I've been sittin' on this pic all week for just such an occasion.

Tomato Gratin.

Fresh sliced roma tomatos.

Minced garlic.

Olive oil.

Fresh coarse ground black pepper.

Splooges of mango habanero sauce.

Grated parmesan cheese.

Minced green onion for garnish.

Drizzle olive oil into a baking dish and layer in toms, seasonings and parmesan.

Oven bake @375 for an hour.

When done rest and hold for 20 minutes (unless you want to 3rd degree burns to your mouth)

Hot blue and righteous hippy food!

IMG_4046.JPG

Fresh sliced roma tomatos.
Minced garlic.
Olive oil.
Fresh coarse ground black pepper.
Splooges of mango habanero sauce.
Grated parmesan cheese.
Minced green onion for garnish.
Drizzle olive oil into a baking dish and layer in toms, seasonings and parmesan.
Oven bake @375 for an hour.
When done rest and hold for 20 minutes (unless you want to 3rd degree burns to your mouth)
Hot blue and righteous hippy food!
IMG_4046.JPG

I like to be liking tomatoes seasoned w/ salt, a little garlic powder, a little oregano and/or fresh basil, some scallions, and freshly ground (chunky) black pepper w/ ample melted muenster on top ...

it's a favorite flavor profile for me ... i like it most on a sesame bagel, but usually skip the carbs and just melt the cheese on the maters ...

now i want it ...

I hear ya' GM.

I like to be liking the whole roasted and baked veggie 'thang lately.

Cauli is a favorite.

Savory roasted roots are on my list in la futura.

Hippies like HotDogs. Just ask JayT.

Great idea on the thread.

CJ just made up some Cauliflower soup last night.
Too bad it's gone so, no pictures.

The indoor grill is pretty effective for healthy eating ... the non-stick works killer and we've been able to cook meat and veggies w/o oils, butter, grease etc ...

Alright you stinkin' hippy's!

White corn tortillas.

Olive oil sauteed orange bell, shallot, and jalapeno.

Goat milk brie.

I rolled up 3 of these last night for supper.

IMG_4063.JPG

Pretty dang guud!

Except for the brie, a pretty good low fat and healthy yum yum.

Hippy food.

It doesn't always have to suck.

Nice! I'm making the Mumbai masala sammies again for dinner tonight (that I first made for the ethnic sammie TD.) The mint coriander chutney is made and waiting in the fridge..... yummmm.

What the hell is drawing me to this thread? Oh I know, I HAVE to see what hippies eat. Still trying to understand the attraction.

Nice! I'm making the Mumbai masala sammies again for dinner tonight (that I first made for the ethnic sammie TD.) The mint coriander chutney is made and waiting in the fridge..... yummmm.

I dont wanna just sound like one of these dudes... but c'mon. Less talk. Lemme see this!! Pics please :)

What the hell is drawing me to this thread? Oh I know, I HAVE to see what hippies eat. Still trying to understand the attraction.

The food is still wayyyy good... and a slim waste line keeps us comin back for more. And besides, popeye ate nuttin but spinach and he turned out to be an outstanding dude. One heck of a sailor if you ask me.

Popeye? That all you got? I am still not sold. And what is that smell? This thread smells like patchouli. I am out of here. :lol:

Back