• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bluemeanietsi's "late to the game" Glog 2013 style

Got into this a little late and the seeds were purchased off of eBay (before I knew about this site) so for all I know these are all green bell peppers haha.

As I stated in my newbie thread this is the greenhouse I built/work in progress. Right now they are spending the nights inside as it's still warm during the day. I have other flowers in there that will be moving indoors soon to make more room.

IMG-20120919-00189_zpsc58942fa.jpg

Here's what I have so far, I plan to keep up with updates hopefully I get some exciting pods from these:

Here are my "Bhut"s a little over a month old:
_DSF0361_zps2b21cc37.jpg

_DSF0375_zps3742ed2c.jpg

These are my "7 Pots" a few weeks old now:

_DSF0369_zpsd8d07363.jpg

_DSF0371_zpsaa4acfa9.jpg

These are supposed to be "Thai Peppers" which started showing flower buds this week:

_DSF0362_zpsaa464391.jpg

_DSF0366_zps7b3b2544.jpg

Tobasco:

_DSF0374_zpsefb07077.jpg

Here is my only scotch bonnet that survived, the others were eaten so I'm not sure if I'll get anything off this one or not:

_DSF0373_zps50a125ef.jpg

It's late in the year but I'm going to try to keep these guys growing in the greenhouse and maybe have a winter harvest :) Otherwise it's a learning experience until the growing season starts next year and I start the remaining seeds.

I have some "Butch T"s that popped up last week I have to get photos of too, they're about 1" tall now.

There's a 1200w heater inside in the middle (in the pic its hard to see so here's a better one) it's good for 150sqft, considering my greenhouse is only 7x5x2 I should be good through the winter. It's a nice heater, tipover sensor, auto thermostat, picked it up on sale for $50 shipped when on ebay it still goes for $80. Last night it went down to 40 but the greenhouse was at 80, it runs every few minutes right now as the plastic I have up doesn't insulate as well as the glass. I'll have all the glass in by the time it gets too cold.

IMG-20120920-00190_zps583ba851.jpg

I'm goin to update with some pics later today but I left everything inside the house when I went on a 3 day vacation this week and left the 5 CFL diningroom light on above the table. Came home and I swear things grew like 3" and everything is CRAZY green! The Thai peppers have a ton of buds on them now they didn't have when I left. Starting to get excited :)

Well, my daughter broke my camera so I'm reduced to using my phone. Haven't updated in a while but the Ghost's posted above have stopped at about 26" tall They are just getting bushy at this point. I have consolidated them downt to 2 plants of each type (those and the unknown 7pots I have) They are slower growing as they don't get as much light as thye could. I have grow lights in the greenhouse but I don't think they're enough.

Here's what I have going on now, they are about 30 days old;

IMG-20121118-00297.jpg

Scarlet lanterns, black scorpion tongues, not black nagas, and bishop's crown. Some other randoms mixed in there as well.

Looking nnice and green Kurt. At the rate they are growing you will be in full swing come April plant out :party: . Should be way ahead of the game.

Very nice plants you got growing!

Pic 1 isn't exaggerating about the size, my 3 month old bhut is 4 ft tall and 40" across.

So current report is that after trying some Alaskan fish fertilizer diluted into 3gal of water...I have successfully killed 1/2 of all my plants. :( Going to stick with the worm castings I've always used instead and plant some more seeds.

Back