• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First Time Setup

Hi all!

So heres my starter kit...

Jumpstart T5 Fluorescent 2' kit (No Stand) For Seedlings
LED Comet Magenta 150LED Lamp (HID Hut) (for veg and pre transplant outdoors to pots).

Seed Cell Dome
Rapid rooter plugs (General Hydro)
Plastic Seed Cells

CloneX Solution (For seedling foiler)

Super Sprouter Heat Mat
Super Sprouter Thermostat

Salvation Army - Old CRT/TV Dresser ($25)

4L Jug (Great for Kool-aid ;) )

Oakton EcoTester pH1
General Hydro pH-Up
General Hydro pH-Down

A couple of pipets - One for nutrients, one for pH balancing.

FoxFarm - Grow Big
Plant Success - Granular Root Nutrients

General Hydro Pro Bloom
General Hydro Cal Mag (For reverse osmosis or filtered water)

Panda Film - White & Black Poly 6mil (10x10)

Pump Sprayer

Pots of your choice.

This is pretty much my starter kit, what I'm running right now. Any one have any suggestions, or anything they would like to add?

Definitely will do! I'm in the process of lining the old TV dresser with Panda Film (TwoFace) and adding light fixture hanging points. The Comet LED lamp doesn't have any hardware other than a power cord which is kinda lame. Hoping for some suggestions on that, but I'll have to post pics when I get them.

Wow! So since I made this post four of the Serrano pepper seedlings sprung up almost overnight. I used the paper towel method with my 7-Pods and they never sprung up. Still waiting on those actually, I had them in the paper towel for 4 or 5 weeks at 85degF, and now I have them in cup with water. Unfortunately they dont look like they're responding. As for the Serrano peppers, I used the same water bowl/cup method and they are looking great! Took 1/5 the amount of time to germinate compared to the paper towel method. So far I have 6 seedlings, and my T5 just showed up this morning. I should have bought the Jump Start T5 kit with the stand. I had some trouble getting a plumb line on the dresser "ceiling" but managed to get it strait enough for the time being. I'll have to figure out a better setup another time. I'm almost done with the Panda film. I realized that using mounting tape isn't the greatest way to do it but it does make it nice and flush without stabbing holes in the film. I dont think it's such a big deal. I'll get some pics off my phone and post em. I really need to get my Canon working again. Bumped my 10-22 lens and never got around to fixing it.

img1595pm.jpg

img1596xii.jpg

img1597t.jpg

Not done with the Panda Film just yet

Back